Drones over gatwick..

Soldato
This has been on the cards since October though I think, I doubt the deal would have been renogiated in a few days on this basis, the price would have been agreed weeks ago,if not months.

Probably. Though I would think it's possible current share price is a factor? Still, I did mark it as a tinfoil hat. I mainly posted it out of related interest.

There seems to be no progress on this matter at all now. Looks like a complete dead end. I did read that Gatwick are spending £5m on measures to prevent it happening again though for all I know that £5m is schoolboys with pocket catapults.

Last edited:
Soldato
What makes you think the police need to have witnessed it in order for it to be recorded as a crime and investigated?

It's a strawman argument to start talking about investigations when I was talking about the lack of evidence.

From what we know the police received reports of a drone near gatwick airport by multiple people that was obstructing over 1000 flights. I think any reasonable person would have expected the police to go to the location where the drone was reported to have been and to start searching for it i.e. investigate it. I assume they were doing this all day yet didn't see anything. So after the investigation they had no evidence a drone had been there. Apparently the reason the couple was arrested is because some people knew he liked to fly drones. So apart from him liking drones, and I'm thinking might live close to gatwick (?) they arrested him and his wife. There was no evidential link to the couple and so no suspicion of him doing it. Yet they still arrested him.

Caporegime
https://www.joe.co.uk/news/police-gatwick-drones-213761

The chief constable of Sussex Police has said that some of the drones spotted over Gatwick Airport in the week before Christmas may have actually belonged to police.

There were 115 drone sightings reported during the disruption on December 19th and 20th, with 92 coming from "credible people". However, authorities have now admitted that police drones could have been responsible for some of the sightings.

:D :D :D :D

O35po1R.jpg

Soldato
New inspector appointed to head up the enquiry:
giphy.gif

Soldato
The goose picture is probably more accurate than we'll ever know. One person mistook a goose for a drone then everyone else saw the police drones that were up looking for the "real" one. Earlier they said the damaged drones they found were nothing to do with the inquiries, and they are no closer to resolution than they were
on day one.

I think it's becoming quite likely that the reason for this lack of progress is that it probably never actually happened.

Caporegime
I think it's becoming quite likely that the reason for this lack of progress is that it probably never actually happened.

Or quite possible that the first few sightings were a genuine accident/act of stupidity from a drone owner who then took the drone away/panicked and decided to lay low after all the publicity and the various followup sightings were the police drone they've referred to in the laters update :D

Associate
Or quite possible that the first few sightings were a genuine accident/act of stupidity from a drone owner who then took the drone away/panicked and decided to lay low after all the publicity and the various followup sightings were the police drone they've referred to in the laters update :D
I think this is the most plausible explanation so far.

Man of Honour

One possibility could be they went into panic mode over some probably misc drone sightings due to supposed credible reports recently that ISIS was encouraging drone based attacks and that some of the original planners of drone based attacks in Syria are supposedly in the wind and possibly in Europe and they realised they had no way to deal with it and the repercussions if it had been a real attack under those circumstances would have been unavoidable.

Back
Top Bottom