Drones over gatwick..

Caporegime
One possibility could be they went into panic mode over some probably misc drone sightings due to supposed credible reports recently that ISIS was encouraging drone based attacks and that some of the original planners of drone based attacks in Syria are supposedly in the wind and possibly in Europe and they realised they had no way to deal with it and the repercussions if it had been a real attack under those circumstances would have been unavoidable.

Would explain the large amount of rifles on the scene.

Caporegime
What about 20.01 KG drones, gotteeem.

and any competent person looking to illegally use something still isn't going to be deterred by this, so at best it stops copy cat morons.

Caporegime
What stops you building your own and not doing any of the legal required stuff?

Noting, it’s sort of retrospective, you might get caught. Likewise what stops you from just getting in a car and driving it without all of the legal stuff like a license/insurance?

Soldato
Noting, it’s sort of retrospective, you might get caught. Likewise what stops you from just getting in a car and driving it without all of the legal stuff like a license/insurance?
That's kind of my point. All this legislation does nothing to stop the idiots and people up to no good, it just impacts the normal people that aren't doing anything wrong in the first place.

Soldato
What about 20.01 KG drones, gotteeem.

and any competent person looking to illegally use something still isn't going to be deterred by this, so at best it stops copy cat morons.
As with all of these things, all it does is impose restrictions and make life difficult for the legit owners while making no difference whatsoever to the people using them to break the law.

Caporegime
That's kind of my point. All this legislation does nothing to stop the idiots and people up to no good, it just impacts the normal people that aren't doing anything wrong in the first place.

Really? Do you think the same about driving licences and speed limits etc...?

Soldato
Really? Do you think the same about driving licences and speed limits etc...?
Yes of course. Normal people understand the consequences so drive within the law. Idiots still speed and race no matter what. You still get people that drive without a license even though that's illegal, so these drone laws wont change anything if i terrorist wants to use one they wont see the laws and think "no its illegal" they will just do it anyway.

Caporegime
I think you’d find we’d have rather a lot of issues on our roads without them and people are actually prosecuted for driving offences etc...

Soldato
Only because its easy to catch them ie ANPR. Drones, with all the different methods of controlling them i don't see how they could catch someone that didn't want to be caught.

Buy the cheapest kit drone possible, load a flight plan onto it so it goes round the airport then set it off. I just don't see how these rules will make any difference.

Back
Top Bottom