Dubstep thread

Soldato
I noticed a few people chatting about a dedicated thread so I thought i'd do the honours and start one myself :).

Some dubstep flavours for your pleasure...

For anyone thats interested, Goblin is currently being cut with 'Mala - Sinners' at transition, should be released soon.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Crissy Criss really needs to get his arse into gear and release Fackin Ell / Kick Snare, two massive tunes.

Soldato
OP
Cotti - Calm Down (ft. Doctor) into Benga & Kutz - I'll Kut Ya into Coki - Robotnik......two words..

OH MY

Soldato
OP
Benga killed it when I caught him at warehouse last year. Apart from buzin i'm not really liking his fresh dubs though.

Edit: That Benga - I'll Kut Ya tune is actually a collaboration with Kutz. Banging tune, just gutted really that he only ever releases collabs with Skream, nobody else :\.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I think its more a case of artists doing it for the love of the music rather than the money side. Nobody is really concerned about being signed to major labels or whatever. It's all about beats, bass and energy!

Soldato
OP
When Roni Size won the Mercury Music Award it pretty much destroyed the d&b scene. Dubstep is starting to become more and more known as it is, NME did an article on dubstep a while back - trying to get all the scene kids into it. Just hoping it doesn't turn into what became of d&b really :\.

Soldato
OP
Ragga Jungle is still being made, but it's pretty different to how it used to be, stuff like Bong-ra is now considered breakcore.

Dubstep now gets played on Radio1, I swear I've heard that La Roux remix on daytime! :eek: I think it's safe to say it not so underground especially with people like Chase & Status doing both D&B and Dubstep...

I don't really care how underground it is, good music is good music (no matter what genre), and I'm hoping there will be more quality than quantity for some time to come...

It still is underground. It's just that a lot of other genre based artists are jumping on the dubstep bandwagon, e.g. chase & status, black sun empire, the prodigy etc.

Soldato
OP
I guess stuff like Benga, Skream, and C&S getting played on the radio means it's no longer underground, while other artists such as Joker, Jakes, Boxcutter, Headhunter and Martyn are much less well known so are still considered underground... Underground or not, as long as it's good I'll give it a listen. :)

I still wouldn't really regard those as commercial or mainstream, just 'known'. Although i'm starting to see chase & status taking the pendulum route...

Back
Top Bottom