Dying Light - PC next gen zombie open world game?

Soldato
I was really quite pleasantly surprised how well the parkour system works on mouse tbh, gamepad got shoved back in the drawer after I tried it :)

Had a few amusing bugs. Including this one (our only safe to post vid as there's no swearing).

Last edited:
Soldato
I was really quite pleasantly surprised how well the parkour system works on mouse tbh, gamepad got shoved back in the drawer after I tried it :)

Had a few amusing bugs. Including this one (our only safe to post vid as there's no swearing).

Had a few similar things in the tower before. Was walking around thinking wtf is that noise then a viral popped out of no where and screamed in my face.

Soldato
Dead Island 2 has no story and no campaign and no parkour.

Dying Light seems to be vastly superior.

And BTW I tried both controller and mouse, and game played awesomely on both. But in the end I preferred mouse, the guns (especially german pistol) as well as parkour are way more satisfying. The headshots are glorious in this game :D

Dying Light is the 1st RPG game that i've enjoyed doing all the side missions...FACT...........it's miles better than Borderlands 2 for side missions

Dead Island 2 ( Hollywood) has similar combat, but i noticed that the Zombies looked slower....... but any game is rubbish without a decent story

Dying Light is deffo one of the best games i've played, esp the Old Town which has fantastic graphics/ textures etc, i hardly use the guns anymore because the swords are so much fun

Soldato
I am thoroughly enjoying this game so far!! I have barely done any of the main mission, I have been messing about with side missions and scavenging. Loads of fun :) I think the reason I like it is due to me liking Skyrim so much - roaming about, doing missions as and when, collecting things etc, levelling up and so on.

Someone mentioned above that this could potentially be one of the greats once mods start and different things get added to the game and I agree.

I had my first encounter last night of a night time in the game and got chased. My heart was pounding so much I missed the door to the safe house haha! Awesome

Associate
I am thoroughly enjoying this game so far!! I have barely done any of the main mission, I have been messing about with side missions and scavenging. Loads of fun :) I think the reason I like it is due to me liking Skyrim so much - roaming about, doing missions as and when, collecting things etc, levelling up and so on.

Someone mentioned above that this could potentially be one of the greats once mods start and different things get added to the game and I agree.

I had my first encounter last night of a night time in the game and got chased. My heart was pounding so much I missed the door to the safe house haha! Awesome

If thats the quest that introduces volatiles then I did exactly the same - my heart was pounding by the end of it and died after being chased for some time across the map!

Associate
Has anyone else had a problem with anti-aliasing simply not working?
The game looks exactly the same reguardless of the AA option being on or off - most noticable with the UI being very blocky (text hard to read).
I have forced it on via AMD control panel (AMD HD 6980) which helps a bit but I don't get why the in game video option does nothing!?

Apart from that it runs great, fantastic game!

Soldato
If thats the quest that introduces volatiles then I did exactly the same - my heart was pounding by the end of it and died after being chased for some time across the map!

haha exactly that!! I missed the safe house and then lost control of my fingers to make the guy walk in the door..... lol!

If you pause the game, it should be on the top right side

Awesome thanks

Permabanned
one thing that ****es me off about this game - it freezes up for between 1-20 seconds if a zombie attack (press F) and I end up having to start over. It runs flawless until the stupid cut scene of a zombie face trying to munch on my face then it goes into fail mode and I have to come here to moan about it.... Why oh why do the small details make what seems like a good game turn into an annoying task - its not like im running a slow system, it just poor porting imo

Soldato
one thing that ****es me off about this game - it freezes up for between 1-20 seconds if a zombie attack (press F) and I end up having to start over. It runs flawless until the stupid cut scene of a zombie face trying to munch on my face then it goes into fail mode and I have to come here to moan about it.... Why oh why do the small details make what seems like a good game turn into an annoying task - its not like im running a slow system, it just poor porting imo

Try to disable nvidia DOF. I had zero slowdowns no matter what.

Associate
I'm looking to buy this in advance of some co-op gaming next weekend.

I've heard that I need to complete a small section of the game before I can play co-op, so I want to do this in advance before we meet up so that we can jump straight in.

What do I need to do in the game to enable co-op?

Associate

I've heard that I need to complete a small section of the game before I can play co-op, so I want to do this in advance before we meet up so that we can jump straight in.

Play through the first hour or so and finish the prologue.

Soldato
20% in so far. Another heart attack....searching a school, walked into a toilet and boom! Zombie wasn't dead after all. :D

Wait until the hotel later

Crying little girl zombies.....nope

Myself and my brother play this co-op and now shoot every single zombie that is lying around as its easier and safer.

Soldato

Need to do the entire prologue, I recorded mine and shoved it on YT and it took 1hour 10 mins although I did get side tracked a bit.

It's a good grounding in the game mechanics and worth doing tbh.

Back
Top Bottom