E3 2014

Caporegime
The only console I've owned since 2008 is a PS3. I miss - massively - having a Nintendo console. Most "grown up" games are something of a chore to play. There is the odd piece of brilliance, but very few games have the magic that Nintendo creates - the sheer ability to make me smile.

Frankly you're doing gaming wrong then. If it's a chore then why would you bother :confused:

Soldato
Okay so no new Metroid.

Tin hat time...

I would have loved that Nintendo E3 show if I was around the age of 10-13. I need slightly more mature content and engaging story's. Fair play to the people that enjoy Nintendo games but it seems their consoles are just not for me anymore :(

Caporegime
All the consoles have 'fun' games (I assume by that people mean games with no emotional depth or complexity) Take Little Big Planet 3, that looks as fun or more so than a lot of the stuff Nintendo showed.

Caporegime
Its opinion, Nintendo games by and large are fun, I play a lot of other games with dull filler to experience the story on my other consoles. Can't recall trading in Nintendo games, all the time for the others. (Saying that Nintendo release games so ****ing slow :( )

Its a joy owning all three though and being labelled things for having an opinion :D

Soldato
Okay so no new Metroid.

Tin hat time...

I would have loved that Nintendo E3 show if I was around the age of 10-13. I need slightly more mature content and engaging story's. Fair play to the people that enjoy Nintendo games but it seems their consoles are just not for me anymore :(

That's fair enough. Personally, I've never seen why a game should be better for being "mature" - it just has more guns and blood. Brilliant.

I agree about storylines - Nintendo does, ideally, need to stop with the whole princess getting kidnapped thing.

On the whole though, it seems that most PS3 games with great storylines - Heavy Rain, Bioshock Infinite etc - don't match the storyline with gameplay. One was a series of QTEs, and the other was pretty much just run and gun, with very little variation.

Given a choice between then fun of many of Nintendo's games and the storylines of games like that I'd take a Nintendo game. If games like Bioshock can come back and do similar storyline with more intelligent and varied gameplay, then I'll be fully on board.

Edit: As Purdy has said, ideally I'd want to own at least one of the XBone and PS4 alongside the Wii U, but right now I can only reasonably afford one of them, and the Wii U is the most appealing to me.

Soldato
All the consoles have 'fun' games (I assume by that people mean games with no emotional depth or complexity) Take Little Big Planet 3, that looks as fun or more so than a lot of the stuff Nintendo showed.

No, you're right - gaming should be gritty and life like, that's exactly what I look for when I'm trying to relax. Can't beat a bit of misery.

Caporegime
Oh if I had to own one and didn't have a PC, I'd probably take an Xbox One, there just aren't enough games on Nintendo despite their longevity.

Soldato
Oh if I had to own one and didn't have a PC, I'd probably take an Xbox One, there just aren't enough games on Nintendo despite their longevity.

That's fair enough, each to their own - ideally the Wii U would have better 3rd party support. Out of interest, why the XBone over the PS4? Serious question...

Back
Top Bottom