E3 2014

Caporegime
That's fair enough, each to their own - ideally the Wii U would have better 3rd party support. Out of interest, why the XBone over the PS4? Serious question...

Halo
The exclusives I put on the previous page
Friends on it
Controller (I can't get over how much I like the Xbox One Controller.)
Cheaper digital games from US store.
(Voice commands are pretty awesome to be honest despite my hate for Kinect.)

Caporegime
Poorly worded from Manic (or at least I think), there are many many Nintendo games that leave you smiling/having fun/laughing. There are some on Xbox/Playstation, very few last the length that Nintendo ones seem to do.

Soldato
You sure sound a lot of fun, I take it you don't watch TV or films with anything too realistic in then as that's relaxing time too. Must be nice living in fantasy land.

It depends on what I'm after. If I want something intellectual or to make me think I'll watch/read something gritty. Generally though, when I play a game I don't do it to make me think - there are better mediums for that, in my opinion - so I like games which are simply fantasy.

Ultimately, people go for different things. I think that's why Nintendo fans are Nintendo fans - they want their games to make them smile. Other people want to play something highly competitive. Others want to play something gritty and realistic.

Edit: Shami, I meant your assertion that "fun" games can have no depth or complexity. Zelda, Mario etc are deep and reasonably complex games, even if they're not realistic/gritty/sad/whatever.

Caporegime
I just find it amusing that he's saying the others are all gritty and lifelike when other people have been complaining all MS are doing is 'cartoon' titles! Take Sunset Overdrive or Fable, how are they gritty or lifelike?

Associate
Not sure why people get so butthurt about different console games. Surely if you consider yourself to be someone who appreciates gaming, you can just accept varied games on varied platforms aimed at various markets.

My pc is more powerful than ps4 seems to be so I'm holding out on buying one as it doesn't have uncharted rreleased yet. But when it's out I'll buy one. I own a Ps3. Wii u and a Vita. All of which have given me the fun you are all arguing over.

Nintendo e3 was good. As was some other consoles. Get over it guys

Caporegime
I could understand your point with competetive multiplayer games as the communities are generally awful these days, full of overgrown babies thinking they mean something to the world because they can aim well or getting mad when they get beat and resorting to your mum/cancer/die jokes.

Soldato
I just find it amusing that he's saying the others are all gritty and lifelike when other people have been complaining all MS are doing is 'cartoon' titles! Take Sunset Overdrive or Fable, how are they gritty or lifelike?

I've never said that they are all gritty and lifelike. I said there are some games that I really enjoyed on the PS3, but they are few and far between. Ni No Kuni, Okami HD, Tales, etc are all excellent and just what I personally enjoy from a game. However, that being my taste, I am better off with a Nintendo console.

Soldato
That's fair enough. Personally, I've never seen why a game should be better for being "mature" - it just has more guns and blood. Brilliant.

Not always the case, for instance you reference Heavy Rain below. You also mention Bioshock as well which is more than the guns and violence. It makes you think more about right and wrong. Religion, ideology, racism. Subjects which matter in the real world and tackled fairly well in the digital one.

I agree about storylines - Nintendo does, ideally, need to stop with the whole princess getting kidnapped thing.

Yes, they really do...

But what more could they do with Mario story wise?

On the whole though, it seems that most PS3 games with great storylines - Heavy Rain, Bioshock Infinite etc - don't match the storyline with gameplay. One was a series of QTEs, and the other was pretty much just run and gun, with very little variation.

Deus Ex, Grand Theft Auto, Batman, Sky Rim, not to mention countless others. They all have great story and are brilliant to play with the opportunity to play how you want to play.

Given a choice between then fun of many of Nintendo's games and the storylines of games like that I'd take a Nintendo game. If games like Bioshock can come back and do similar storyline with more intelligent :)eek::confused: are you serious? I presume you mean level design or something) and varied (See above, Also is jumping down pipes every 2 mins varied....)gameplay, then I'll be fully on board.

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Soldato
smiling/having fun/laughing./QUOTE]

I think that's why Nintendo fans are Nintendo fans - they want their games to make them smile. Other people want to play something highly competitive. Others want to play something gritty and realistic.

Nintendo - Games that make you smile :p

I play PlayStation and PC, I just one day want to laugh and smile again...the pain...THE PAIN! :(

Back
Top Bottom