• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

E8600 E0 Overclocks

Associate
OP
:eek: Nice job!! Screenie of CPU-Z? :D

a bit off topic but i will take every opputuinity to wave my e-pen* :D

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c45/BornEvil_/q6600423.jpg

not stable at 4.23Ghz though, left prime95 running while out. come back rebooted but worked out that it primed for about 2 hours.

Too high volts and temps at this clock so will not try any further that is for sure.

ATM it is at 4Ghz with decent temps, rock stable, freshly baked screenie:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c45/BornEvil_/q66004ghz.jpg

Water cooling: D-Tek fuzion 2 with quad nozzle, TFC X-Changer 360, Laing DDC-1T Ultra, and a mcw60 also in loop.

edit: removed tags,

don't discuss this on this thread

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Dude what the HELL! :confused:

Get your 2007 65nm Quad Core results out this thread!!!! :D

Seriously otherwise I'll go off topic also and start sharing my vegetarian recipes with you all, it will be chaos I tell ya! :p

lolol. a big DOH!

I can choose to edit my 1st 'E8600 Only' post, or delete my q6600 post ;) hmmm... what should i do...

i'll leave it! it is my post and i am the king around here! hehe, but promise no more

I don't think i will get another E8600 anymore but will keep this running until it dies out

also need your clock for the database, get working :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi fellas

Here's my contribution to this thread. This is the sweet spot for my chip.

Q822A435¦ 4.400 ¦ 1.32 ¦ 1.2125 ¦ 60 ¦ TRUE 120 ¦ Maximus II Formula ¦ Vaderat-at ¦ http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e8600440runload1320zv5.jpg

Here is a screenie of my setup at idle after Prime Blend test.

I was running an E8400 @ 4.230 (470x9) with 1.32V under load before I installed this cpu which (percentage wise) is a higher clock but I prefer running 4.4 24/7 ;)

Thanx for your contribution, and respect for regging to post your result,

Updated

welcome to the forum :)

Associate
OP
If this is inadmissable because I'm still learning/tweaking, feel free to ignore vis a vis the database; but if nothing else it's a nice shot just to show my progress so far :) I thought you might want to include it anyway, and "if/when" I beat it you could just update?

np m8, updated.

will edit your result to your 24/7 when you're ready

Associate
OP
BornEvil, I think it's only fair you remove my week 20 entry from the database mate :) I sold the chip and although that result (prime BLEND stable) stands, I couldn't get it prime small FFTs stable until 1.44v :rolleyes:

Hopefully the Q822A435 I have coming will be better, and that WILL be in the database :D I just don't think its fair to include that week 20 result as (1) it didn't meet the criteria - ie small ffts - AND (2) I no longer own it. Cheers.

sure m8, deleted it cos it was blend

In future, entry will still stand even if u sold it, multiple CPU enties per user are allowed, providing it is a different CPU.

It's as the pic, 1.472v. I also posted my 5ghz clock, which was at 1.408v and i don't think BornEvil changed the data when he started the database.

For anyone that is interested, the link in my sig takes you to the DFI overclocking database, which has a full and comprehensive bios and benchmark list for the clock.

corrected now

Associate
OP
Ok I know its not run for 8+ hrs on this screeny but I have run it for 10.5hrs stable under orthos.

Problem is by all accounts I have a cracking chip to run, however I would really like it running at 500FSBx8.5/9.0 and my O/C skills with this Asus MB leave a lot to be desired can anyone give me a helping hand?

looks good m8. What batch is it? u want me to add that to the database? or u gunna push it abit more?

and Rainmaker, what board u got now? i'll update yours too.

Back
Top Bottom