Early Season Blues

Associate
OP
It really comes to life with LED's on.

Thanks faheemrazzaq, still a bit of work to do tidying it up and stopping the light coming through the case but should look OK once finished :)

What fan filter mesh is that? Plastic or metal?

Good to see another several month parvum wait for you :D you don’t learn do you?

Haha I must be a sucker for punishment mate. It's more annoying as I always try to support smaller companies and UK based companies whenever possible and they do make great cases, just a pity the customer service could potentially lose them a lot of repeat business. Hoping things will improve before I get tempted to do another build...

Not sure if I'm allowed to post where I got it from so Mods, please delete if this is against rules, but it's PVC mesh from ModDIY :)

Onto the progress: Not a lot to report, but have sorted the badge lighting from this awful wonkfest:

iltZMYW.jpg

To this:

9saZ8xC.jpg

Much better! A nice, slim, even halo effect all the way around :)

4WLVN5F.jpg

Also removed the front mesh as I wanted the front and top to be more consistent, so now looks like this

GDaELKc.jpg

Next job will be covering the inside of the roof panel in black vinyl to stop the LED strip shining through, cut some vinyl for GPU logo's etc and hopefully then I'll have the rear fan guard / shroud ready to fit next week (massive thanks to LuckyBenski for cutting this for me), and we'll be nearly done, just need to get my head around what to do with the front fan then!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Had a delivery today and happy to say LuckyBenski has done a cracking job, it's perfect cheers mate :D

QkjzBX7.jpg

8p7pDpV.jpg

BEFORE:

SfBZRjG.jpg

AFTER:

ysewzgE.jpg

Much neater :)

6nKbMgr.jpg

Only need to sort the front fan now and it's as good as done :)

Associate
OP
Yeah I've always found fans ugly, not sure why but side on they always bug me. Did the same on my last build to shroud in the front fans + rad but took that a step further, making it into a diffuser for the LED strip as well :)

NBZE6Nj.jpg

kiIS1v6.jpg

LNCthmt.jpg

PifDRHh.jpg

KBLfbWU.jpg

Associate
OP
Still not got around to doing the vinyl graphics for the inside or drawing up a front fan shroud as the head ain't great atm, so going to have a week or two break which will also hopefully rid me of the mental block I'm having with the fan shroud design. Rather than leave the house a mess for another week or two it was time for a massive tidy up and to finally get this in its place under the TV...

BEFORE:

0RrSQav.jpg

AFTER:

HucAgup.jpg

iQVSaA3.jpg

YSyOOOO.jpg

I'd say that's a pretty successful upgrade considering only the case, cooling and cables were really changed, with all major hardware coming straight out of the old build :)

Associate
OP
Couple more jobs complete and she's as good as done, now just need to take some decent final shots :)

First up some vinyl to finish off the GPU

Using the PC the vinyl is for to cut the vinyl is oddly satisfying...

9wh2phe.jpg

Even if I did get it wrong the first time! Still, thats increased my typing speed by a good 25% :cool:

qI494ce.jpg

Done.

KPwZBPB.jpg

Bit of a PITA to do with the GPU still in the case but pretty happy with the results :)

9RuGnnu.jpg

cd6OwWv.jpg

Then LuckyBenski came to the rescue again and cut the last parts needed to complete the build. Cheers mate, came out perfect!

FaoIg2n.jpg

JUXsHlt.jpg

BEFORE:

9GBznIy.jpg

rNtY4nl.jpg

AFTER:

E5wKMPG.jpg

3JBIKdn.jpg

JKhkfEM.jpg

Will hopefully find the time to get some proper shots of it in the coming days, then that's it, a log finished and a PC ready to be used. Thanks to all who followed the build and also those chipped in and helped, much appreciated :)

Associate
OP
Turned out looking nice

Thanks, took long enough to complete what should have been a quick build but got there in the end!

Finally took a few semi decent shots (in the day at least...) :)

ctB4KKO.jpg

Q7i46NF.jpg

h5aLNQw.jpg

0h3S9Hx.jpg

CIZ0PVP.jpg

1cZ8juc.jpg

nVxQPMl.jpg

bR7gSLw.jpg

31wWE2a.jpg

PekEoNu.jpg

CgdUbI0.jpg

Not sure why but I couldn't for the life of me get the LED's to look right in photos, set to a dim light blue and looking good IRL they always looked purple in pictures, so played about with it for some pics turning it right down so didn't look quite so awful... Just a lighter purple :/

lbkknMS.jpg

CYzs3JR.jpg

4MMTHVg.jpg

hBrBOUg.jpg

8CSocRO.jpg

NIc4n4V.jpg

zXt5V6m.jpg

h6iwDPo.jpg

CqmhQsa.jpg

Overall very happy with how this turned out, but going to try a different LED strip to see if I can get it looking nicer in photos and IRL (using an Aqua Computer strip atm via a Farbwerk, going to try a Phanteks one I have spare running off the Farbwerk instead). Also think the power LED is too bright, so going to have to do something about that. Other jobs? Only one really, I need to put switches for the front panel EL Panel so I can alter it between 12v / 7v / 5v as I want it to be 5v in the evenings so it isn't distracting (is 5v in photos), but then at 5v it doesn't even show when there's ambient light, so really need it switchable to 7v and/or 12v for daytime use.

Guess now it's time to say cheerio and start using it! :D

Back
Top Bottom