Earthquake in Japan....9.0...ouch!

Uh, yeah...thanks for that. You're talking from your bum (PBUI).

Lol, it still amazes me how some people fume inside at the mention of anything from religion, especially if it appears to be happening in front of their eyes.

Not to go into religous discussions it's interesting the bible states one of the signs for the end times to be:

Luk 21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places

It doesn't suprise me the Bible says such. :)

But its nature, its the earth living/moving/getting old, nothing to do with god or a book.

Ofcourse, in your opinion.

I am surprised that there is not more records of devastating earth quakes from history. There has been many earth quakes around the world in my life time, but there does not appear to be that many well documented cases, well tbh i have never looked in to it.

I'm in my late 20s now, but for me personally I think its only really something that has become apparent in the last 6-7 years.

Japanese dont even practice Islam so why would he be punishing them?

Take your religious talk elsewhere

Lol take it easy, I am free to comment on here just like anyone else. No one is asking you to believe anything are they? Who the hell talked about punishment? :/ The religious ignorance on here is sometimes astounding.

Bit of plagarism from islam? hahaha

Haha, well I'd check your dates on that. Considering the Prophet Mohammed was born sometime between 570-571 A.D. (from what I've read) I'd say the New Testament ink had dried WELL over 400 years earlier. ;)

Lol take it easy, I am free to comment on here just like anyone else. No one is asking you to believe anything are they? Who the hell talked about punishment? :/ The religious ignorance on here is sometimes astounding.

Agree, I don't believe this is a kind of apocalyptic judgement or anything, it is a natural disaster, simple - but sad none the less.

Last edited:
12.30pm: A fire at the Onagawa nuclear plant has been extinguished, according to the International Atomic Energy Agency. Note: this is not the plant in respect of which a state of emergency was issued because of problems with its cooling system.

12.36pm: People within 2km of the Fukushima nuclear plant have been told to evacuate as a precaution against radioactive leakage from the reactor, which is subject to a state of emergency, Sankei reports (Japanese link). The authorities said earlier there has been no radiation link from the plant but it has a problem with its cooling system.

12.39pm: A train is unaccounted for in the coastal areas affected by the Tsunami, Reuters is reporting.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say any region is totally safe from earthquakes! But yeah Islam does speak of a heaven, which has things that no human eyes have seen nor could the human mind imagine. I'm sure you have studied it in great depth... ;)

No need to. Pretty obvious its a load of poo.

On to the real world... seismology is fascinating and nature really does slap the human race good and proper at times.

Large earthquake happens in one of the most geologically active areas on the planet and people start with the end-times talks. Just like they have at every other instance of a large natural disaster they've heard about in the last millennia.

The human race is more populace than it ever has been and has a near-instantaneous global communications network; stands to reason that quakes with a large death-toll, or just big magnitude numbers, would get reported more frequently now. Previously large quakes, say in the middle-east or Indonesia, would barely get a mention because the 'human story' wouldn't exist to Western purveyors of news.

More info on the reactors here:
http://www.neimagazine.com/story.asp?sectioncode=132&storyCode=2059127

Utility TEPCO has requested the establishment of a nuclear emergency response programme for Fukushima Daiichi 1&3 and Fukushima Daini 1.

JAIF reported that Fukushima Daiichi 1, 2 and 3 automatically shut down; units 4, 5 and 6 were in maintenance outages. Fukushima Daini 1, 2, 3 and 4 automatically shut down.

JAIF has reported that TEPCO sent the emergency report because emergency diesel generators at the two sites are out of order. (Nuclear power plants need power to operate pumps and other emergency equipment, including equipment to remove decay heat from the reactor.) It also said that there have been no reports of radiation detected outside of the site. It said that an emergency headquarters has been set up and will issue information hourly.

I wouldn't say any region is totally safe from earthquakes! But yeah Islam does speak of a heaven, which has things that no human eyes have seen nor could the human mind imagine. I'm sure you have studied it in great depth... ;)

Stfu about your religion trash, or get out, this isn't the thread to do it. How about you pray to your god that no more people are killed or injured!

and getting a helping hand from man.

Wut, how does man create the shifting of tectonic plates. They have been happening for 1000s of years, the world is constantly moving/shifting/changing

Fig2-5globes.gif

Back
Top Bottom