Earthquake in Japan....9.0...ouch!

Man of Honour
I'm actually watching Sky News, but the same thing applies.

It’s all the news channels do you expect hundreds of TV crews to be all over the disaster scenes as soon as something happens. This is a disaster on a huge scale and the news will come in dribs and drabs, the coverage will improve.

You should be concerned about the fate of these poor people and not about the lack of your new video coverage. Get real. :(

AGD

AGD

Soldato
It's good that japan has buildings designed for this otherwise it would be a hell of a lot worse! I'm going to japan in a week. :eek:

Caporegime
It’s all the news channels do you expect hundreds of TV crews to be all over the disaster scenes as soon as something happens. This is a disaster on a huge scale and the news will come in dribs and drabs, the coverage will improve.

You should be concerned about the fate of these poor people and not about the lack of your new video coverage. Get real. :(

The point is that some news channels are much better than others. Pointing this out does not mean you don't care about the terrible things that are happening :rolleyes:. Or do you want this thread to be entirely filled with 'oh gosh, how terrible'?

Soldato
"Tsunami warnings expanded to include Oregon and California coastlines"
Any idea when it would reach Cali? Got a few family members on the LA coast.

Well they expected it to hit Hawaii at roughly 11-12AM if that helps? They have a few hours yet..

Associate
Well they expected it to hit Hawaii at roughly 11-12AM if that helps? They have a few hours yet..

Ok, thank you.

Just watching the wave going over the fields again, and you can see the cars trying to out run it, but get swept away. I hope the drivers are ok :(

159502366869819.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Watching this unfold gives me the same feeling I had on September 11.

I really hope they get that nuclear plant under control.....**** me.

Soldato
Wow, oh dear, not good! Poor Japan.

From Sky News Breaking Twitter 1 minute a go...

I don't see that tweet on their page.

Only one I see mention nuclear power plants is:

Four Japanese nuclear power plants closest to the quake have been safely shut down according to the International Atomic Energy Agency.

Not saying it isn't there, I just can't see it, that is all :)

Associate
Did anyone see that special on channel 4 about the Christmas day Tsunami in 2004? This footage reminds me of that. Just an incredible scale of destruction, totally unstoppable. It was really terrible, in the one part you could see the tsunami heading to the shore and the Thai people were shouting at the tourists to run, but many didn't know what was happening, so they didn't leave immediately. Eventually they did, but for some reason 1 guy decided to just stand on the beach and watch it and then you just saw the thing smash into him at such a speed.

This kind of thing really puts mankind's place in the world into perspective. Really heartbreaking for all the people affected.

Back
Top Bottom