Earthquake in Japan....9.0...ouch!

Soldato
Top of Tokyo Tower looks to be a bit bent (see here) from twitter.

Also Suntory vending machines are dispensing free drinks (which given the number of vending machines is probably quite a good idea as it means people can get drinks if they need to)

Man of Honour
The point is that some news channels are much better than others. Pointing this out does not mean you don't care about the terrible things that are happening :rolleyes:. Or do you want this thread to be entirely filled with 'oh gosh, how terrible'?

Oh gosh you missed the point, the original point was moaning about the repetitive news coverage and not the pros and cons of news coverage on different channels. I'm just saying why that’s happened and why it's pathethic to moan about.

Associate
Is it just my perception or is there an increasing number of incidents of natural disasters including extreme weather events and earth quakes, could there be another factor driving these events, perhaps global warming?

Associate
Is it just my perception or is there an increasing number of incidents of natural disasters including extreme weather events and earth quakes, could there be another factor driving these events, perhaps global warming?

There isn't an increase. They're just reported on a lot more these days.

Soldato
Footage of the oil refinery going up in a huge ball of flames, was that new or old footage?

I saw it burning earlier but I just saw what looked like more of an explosion / fireball going higher than I'd seen it earlier.

Also, stock markets... Going to be a little shakey?

Soldato

yes global warming caused the earth quake....

just remind me how that works?

Soldato
At least four Australian federal MPs were stuck on a Japanese bullet train when the earthquake hit.

Mr Robert told 3AW the high-speed train had been travelling from Kyoto and had stopped about 200km south of Tokyo.

"The train shook,'' he said. "The nuclear power station that supplies the power shut down and of course the train stopped.''

Not really something I'd like to be travelling on at the time of an 8.9 earthquake.

Back
Top Bottom