Earthquake in Japan....9.0...ouch!

Associate
Seriously, these are so common for Japan it's a non issues really.

Japan does get a lot of earthquakes and most of the buildings are well protected against them, but it doesn't make them a non-issue. 40 people died in the quake in 2007 (and on the subject of nuclear power stations, the biggest one in the world was shut down and they still haven't finished repairing it). About 6,500 people died in the one is 1995 and that was only a 6.8. This one was an 8.8.

Soldato
I live in Osaka and the quake was not so bad here, a few houses out of power maybe but that's about it. Didn't even realise how serious it is until I got home and turned on the TV a couple of hours ago.

Soldato
Slept in today due to being on late shifts so was oblivious to all of this until a few minutes ago, unbelievable and shocking pictures on BBC news, of 1000's of tonnes of water and debris sweeping the countryside, it's like something out of a Hollywood doomsday movie X1000! Seems miraculous there have been only 29 reported deaths.

Soldato
So, lets summarise. Such a massive event that some guy who lives in Osaka barely even knew about it. Yes, ok, it's a big event, but not for Japan in this day and age. Their whole culture is built around this type of event happening. I assure you, if it happened here, most of the country would collapse. We can barely manage when a tube line gets flooded. For those in Japan (who potentially have eartquakes every other day), this is just inconvenient.

Caporegime
So, lets summarise. Such a massive event that some guy who lives in Osaka barely even knew about it. Yes, ok, it's a big event, but not for Japan in this day and age. Their whole culture is built around this type of event happening. I assure you, if it happened here, most of the country would collapse. We can barely manage when a tube line gets flooded. For those in Japan (who potentially have eartquakes every other day), this is just inconvenient.

You're an idiot.

Soldato

Are you being serious? :o

Back
Top Bottom