Earthquake in Japan....9.0...ouch!

Associate
So, lets summarise. Such a massive event that some guy who lives in Osaka barely even knew about it. Yes, ok, it's a big event, but not for Japan in this day and age. Their whole culture is built around this type of event happening. I assure you, if it happened here, most of the country would collapse. We can barely manage when a tube line gets flooded. For those in Japan (who potentially have eartquakes every other day), this is just inconvenient.

:rolleyes:

Soldato
Japan_Earthquake.png

Link

Associate
But the plant being talked about is the one were the automatic shutdown failed. There isn't enough power getting to the backup systems to pump the water needed to cool the reactor to shut it down. At least that is what the Japanese government just said on BBC news.

Soldato
So, lets summarise. Such a massive event that some guy who lives in Osaka barely even knew about it. Yes, ok, it's a big event, but not for Japan in this day and age. Their whole culture is built around this type of event happening. I assure you, if it happened here, most of the country would collapse. We can barely manage when a tube line gets flooded. For those in Japan (who potentially have eartquakes every other day), this is just inconvenient.

I think PiKe summed it up beautifully when he said "you're an idiot".

Soldato

You cant possibly believe that. Even for a country that often suffers earthquakes this is a major event. This earthquake is more powerful than any other in recorded history for that region. The damage done is waaaaay higher.

Your comment would be like if there was a major flood in the UK, destroying dozens of communities and drowning thousands of people and then someone on some international website dissed it by saying "oh the people of the UK get rain all the time, this is trivial to them"

Soldato
You're an idiot.

Live in Japan do you? Been to Japan have you? Personal attacks receive infractions now don't you know. :p

Most footage I see is of people walking around getting on with their jobs and cars driving normally along the roads. We see much worse when earthquakes hit the west coast of the US. I admit, my wording probably seemed careless, so I apologise. It is obviously a serious situation, but Japan deals with these things a lot better than we might do is all I'm saying.

Back
Top Bottom