• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Easiest way to flash your X800GTO2 via dvd \ cd

Permabanned
OP
if youve wrote the cd correctly, you dont have to enter a commend, it gives you 2 options, flash to 16 pipes (i think by pressing 1 then hitting enter) or flash back to 12 pipes (by pressing 2 then enter)

Associate
locutus12 said:
if youve wrote the cd correctly, you dont have to enter a commend, it gives you 2 options, flash to 16 pipes (i think by pressing 1 then hitting enter) or flash back to 12 pipes (by pressing 2 then enter)

i get 3 options

1: flash to 16 pipes
2: rollback to 12 pipes
3: enter a comand prompt

i entered option 1

it done some stuff and played a little sound and the told me to press any key to contiinues...
it then said successfully flashed to 16 pipes
and then it game me the

A: :confused: :confused:

Associate
Could someone write a step by step guide to overclocking the X800 GTO2 using ATITool 0.24

Techpowerup has one but it confuses me lol..

thanks in advance
Milkybar

Permabanned
OP
Milkybar said:
i get 3 options

1: flash to 16 pipes
2: rollback to 12 pipes
3: enter a comand prompt

i entered option 1

it done some stuff and played a little sound and the told me to press any key to contiinues...
it then said successfully flashed to 16 pipes
and then it game me the

A: :confused: :confused:

congratulations. your flashed. hence the confirmation messages saying "successfully flashed to 16 pipes"

ATI tool is relatively simple, just install it, click find max core and it should do the rest for you, then click find max memory, when you have both figures, clock the card at say 5mhz under the max it gave you for the GPU and memory and then run it through 3Dmark 05 to see how it holds up.

make sure you turn your screen saver off before you use it though.

Last edited:
Soldato
oops....

I flashed a x800 pro AGP with this boot flasher and :(

No display now, even when the card is in a PC with onboard display the flashrom does not see the x800.

If I got a PCI graphics card, would that allow to reflash firmware ?

Permabanned
OP
juno_first said:
oops....

I flashed a x800 pro AGP with this boot flasher and :(

No display now, even when the card is in a PC with onboard display the flashrom does not see the x800.

If I got a PCI graphics card, would that allow to reflash firmware ?

yup, get yourself the PCI card, youl also need your original bios and a flash utility, if your unsure of how to flash it, mail me your original bios and i will make an ISO for you to use.

Permabanned
OP
bertybassett said:
does this work with all X800GTO2 cards or do you need a sepical one?

works with all the GTO2`s as i believe only sapphire made the GTO2, however some later GTO2`s were already unlocked but didnt clock anywhere near as well as the first batches did.

p.s. juno_first im working on it now, sorry for the delay.

Back
Top Bottom