East Meet with Go Karting - (Newmarket) Saturday May 11th

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
You can now all laugh at how epically terrible I was:

One of the qualifying races, had the most action in it that got captured. When I get a sec I'll go through all the footage and make a montage of all crashes I captured/did xD

Permabanned
Fuzz, I'm convinced I followed you up the M42 or M6 at some point? We must've come the same way. I was coming from Bewdley, so Stourport junction of the M5. Plus we were both retardedly early, which would correlate slightly.

Soldato
The red Type S?

If so, yea I thought I clocked you. Think I even held you up for a bit as I had cruise on and was dawdling past some cars in lane 2 :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Just saw this and laughed out loud!

The rest...Blah blah blah old man :D ;)

I did that once before somewhere in Germany in my old Impreza, full on cage and bucket seat job so no reclining it to snooze.
Parked up an inch behind one of the other guys cars so we could all get some shut eye for the last leg to the ring. (Having driven Non stop from Cheltenham)

I wake up however long it was later, look out through the windscreen to be greeted with the sight of the rear of my mates car. I have NEVER in my life woken up so scared, my heart nearly jumped out of my chest....
It's only milliseconds before you realise you were so tired you parked up and weren't actually still driving but asleep!!
I hate that feeling!:mad::o:(:eek:

Soldato
OP
Indeed, if anyone knows a track in a more central location, Northampton/Milton Keynes/Bedford kind of area then let us know (Mad_Jay I am looking at you!).

I think that is a fair location for people to get to without having to travel into the wilds of motorway free East Anglia ;)

Permabanned
One of my colleagues loves his karting, he recommends it highly. :)

Alternatively, Rye House is good fun (Enfield way), did that in the wet a few years back in the BUKC.

Back
Top Bottom