East Meet with Go Karting - (Newmarket) Saturday May 11th

Soldato
Great day, cheers to JP for organising.

I was kart 1, started the first race on pole and won with a last corner pass after a cracking battle of which there should hopefully be some good footage, started the second race at the back and got tapped from behind and spun around on about the third corner, fought back to 5th. Won the third race comfortably fom third. 4th heat was about 6/7th after beng forced to take to the grass after someone spun then drove into my path. Was involved in a 3 way battle for the lead in the final before getting turned around onto the grass and finishing 4th

All most enjoyable, I told you karting in the wet was fun ;)

Soldato
OP
Ahh so nice to get home from a meet in an hour :cool:

Fantastic day despite the on off weather, I think the changeable conditions made it very fun.

I will put the results and times up once people post their kart numbers ( I was #7).

Can't wait to see the pictures and videos.

Roll on the next one :D

On the way home, a Teg tried to race Kaiowas and JP, I think JP put him off! Then I pulled up behind the Teg in the fuel station and had to wait to pay whilst he chatted up the girl on the till :rolleyes:

Hahaha that Teg was so funny, one of the loudest cars I have ever heard and almost no power! He waved me to go and I dropped him like he didn't even put his foot down so I slowed and he gave thumbs up before turning off to get petrol.

Sorry to fly by the Norwich crew :p

Soldato
Hahaha that Teg was so funny, one of the loudest cars I have ever heard and almost no power! He waved me to go and I dropped him like he didn't even put his foot down so I slowed and he gave thumbs up before turning off to get petrol.

Sorry to fly by the Norwich crew :p

I think you had it beat for decibels when you nailed it!

Vix

Vix

Associate
He came out of nowhere, you drove past (I was on fuel light so taking it steady!!) and then I heard this high pitched buzzing of a VTEC, yo, and he comes screaming past. He had fire coming out of the exhaust!! I knew you'd just leave him for dust, haha.

Caporegime
Started off a bit wet...

JV6i0cy.jpg

Best lap was nearly three seconds slower than the fastest yet I came 3rd :cool:

1z4zXhT.jpg

BWUYgY7.jpg

Thanks to James for organising, track was a good choice. I'll look into booking Buckmoore for late August/early September soon and hopefully I can get a discount this time round.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Nice racing Janesy, you started in 6th, dropped down to 8th and then pulled it back to 3rd!

I got caught up in some carnage but had some nice clear track and am happy with my 4th fastest lap time.

Soldato
OP
Also just want to say sorry to the people who didn't come to the pub, totally forgot not everyone was coming and as it started ****ing down we all rolled out without saying good bye!

Caporegime
IMG_2845.jpg

This is me getting a good run off the last corner and trying to overtake with two wheels on the grass over the finish line, needless to say it didn't work.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Just got home, totalling almost exactly 400 miles :eek:

Cheers for a brilliant event JP, when the rain started it seemed bleak but it was actually great fun I think everyone agreed on that! First 2 races it was getting drier but then later on the bends that had good traction suddenly didn't - Meant for some interesting results :o

Had a mini position battle with Vox, sure he'll be posting the footage in due time as well :D

I was kart number 4
btw and can still taste the Piri Piri Chicken.

Soldato
What a fantastic day. Thanks for organising JP - hve to do another one soon!

Was great to meet everyone too and was such a high spirited day. Very glad Janesy goaded me into maning up! Sorry i couldn't come to the pub. Would have really liked to!

Soldato
OMFGG I am shattered.

Just got in!!!!!!!!

However I can report... the (rear) footage is good, the rear footage is good!! :D:D:D:D
(Was watching that straight from Go Pro while the front Contourcam transfers.)

rear_zps365ed5b3.png

Soldato
A quick teaser vid before bed...

If it says unavailable, it's still uploading /processing
Check back later. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Glad the long distance guys got back OK.

Can't wait to see the carnage videos :D

Need Kart numbers please from:

Gaygle, Vigoro, Voxination, LSPIII

Associate
Fantastic afternoon, so huge thanks to JP for organising! Gotta say though, it was much more fun when I had a kart that actually accelerated come race 4! Hehe, excuses excuses. Thanks to all for a making it good fun. Kart 2 over and out.

Soldato
Argh just got woken up by my cycling buddy wanting to go out. Oof! Feels like I've only just shut my eyes. Shattered.com!
Last nights drive home was a mission and a half, clearly I am turning into an old git and cannot keep up any more. It sort of went like this...
Ahh fuel gauge low, lets stop here and brim it and be done with it. Another raping of credit card to the tune of £118. :o :(
Get a fair way down the A14... Hmm feeling tired
Stop for coffee
Get going again and sipping it while I drive..
**** still tired, maybe coffee just hasn't kicked in yet.
Fuuuuuuuu Nodded off.
Slap face, open window, stop at next layby.
Left engine running to keep warm.
Every five mins I would FFFFFUUUUU GOING TO CRASH... Oh I'm parked! :o
Well I reasoned I'd had at least micro sleeps - drive on.
Getting near the Motorways and I'm feeling it again.
No good, got to stop before I kill myself.
Another layby, engine off, cover face with helmet bag, seat back and sleep!
Had a good half hour. Ahhhh better!
Right, lets get this show done and dusted... Onto the Motorways.
M6 down to one lane and 14mph
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Once I got to the M42 at least it was then cruise back on the whole way home.
Definitely should have got a room!!
So I had a cold, a bad back, a bad stomach (seemed to ease up after the maccys lol) sunburn on most of my body and 5 hrs sleep the night before having just flown back into the country Friday night!!!!
Now you'll be wanting me to get going on the footage! :o
I am battered!! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom