Easyrider's Journey Into Phase...

Soldato
easyrider said:
maxed out the mobo, not the chip :(

1.7v in bios to see how the phase copes for when i get a 9x multi chip :p

4119lod-1.jpg

4119idle.jpg

heh, I ran my x2 3800 at 1.85 and everyone said I was mental. which I most probably was.

In my experience chips start to scale very badly after about 1.65 on phase... not sure if you'd agree.

Caporegime
OP
matt100 said:
heh, I ran my x2 3800 at 1.85 and everyone said I was mental. which I most probably was.

In my experience chips start to scale very badly after about 1.65 on phase... not sure if you'd agree.

The 6400 does this on 1.65v

I put 1.7 (max option in P5B) to test my phase unit....

shame the 6400 is only 8x

as its a clearly remarkable chip,let down by mobo

Soldato
messiah khan said:
Come on Easyrider... I want pics, and a vid with sound, so I can hear the noise levels. ;)

Seconded ... I want to hear my ears bleed. Can you describe how loud it is ? Like a fridge or worse ?

Any chance Easy ?

ps Keep the camera firmly focused on the sexy p180 and phase unit we don't want the video ruined by your uglyness ;) heh just kidding.

EXCELLENT WORK btw

Last edited:
Soldato
Subliminal Aura said:
Seconded ... I want to hear my ears bleed. Can you describe how loud it is ? Like a fridge or worse ?

Any chance Easy ?

ps Keep the camera firmly focused on the sexy p180 and phase unit we don't want the video ruined by your uglyness ;) heh just kidding.

EXCELLENT WORK btw

Should hope its quiter than a fridge. My unit is like a fairly quiet fridge, and Easyrider's unit has been modified for quietness. ;)

Soldato
Im guessing you got rid when ya found out how much heat them quad cores kicked out, the last chip i used mine on was the core 2 duo also.

I wish i still had mine, would be fun trying it on some GPUs, someone gave one away recently on MM but it was down south so it wasnt worth the drive.

Soldato
I have a phase and my friend has 2. :) only use it for benching as it's a rotary phase that's about as big as 6 standard at towers. The ref 1080 won't be much good I don't think, because of its single 8 pin power, but once we get dual 8 pin cards with a decent vrm they should be fast.

Back
Top Bottom