Easyrider's Playon HD mini review thread.

Caporegime
OP
This is also the key for me. HD audio and bluray iso's are a must for me. Also, have you got it working with your logitech remote?

Not tried with my logitech yet.

I know it works though as the playon HD is in the support list in network streamers.

People use the Logitech with the mini without issue

Not tried BD ISO with HD audio yet

Caporegime
OP
cheers for that, also is there any way in which to see what the layout will looklike before syncing it with the player?

RyanJB1.jpg

RyanJB2.jpg

RyanJB3.jpg

Associate
I think I'll have to invest in one of these. I've ordered a Sumvision Cyclone Micro Media Player but this seems to be more "finished".

Caporegime
OP
I think I'll have to invest in one of these. I've ordered a Sumvision Cyclone Micro Media Player but this seems to be more "finished".

Its no where near finished.

Which is good.

The tech team listen and are tweaking new firmwares all the time.

In time this unit could be a world class leader for the price.

Associate
Fair play. OT: I know your using WHS, which I have 0 knowledge of, but what are you using to stream to PS3 ect.? Does it have built in media serving functionality?

Caporegime
OP
Fair play. OT: I know your using WHS, which I have 0 knowledge of, but what are you using to stream to PS3 ect.? Does it have built in media serving functionality?

Yes,

Windows media connect is built into WHS

TBH I can't believe I spent only 79 quid :p

Its throw away money but its hugely functional.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wish people wouldn't quote images posted DIRECTLY above it :rolleyes:

How is the Playon scraping the movie/tv information? Would it understand the .nfo, trailer, cover, thumbnail convention that XBMC uses? I already have a server full of media with all the extras already downloaded. Wouldn't mind sticking one of these on every TV in the house.

Caporegime
OP
I wish people wouldn't quote images posted DIRECTLY above it :rolleyes:

How is the Playon scraping the movie/tv information? Would it understand the .nfo, trailer, cover, thumbnail convention that XBMC uses? I already have a server full of media with all the extras already downloaded. Wouldn't mind sticking one of these on every TV in the house.

Not sure,

But I know a few people use the .nfo info from Yanfoe and make it work.

I have yet to play with the functionality and apperance of YAMJ as I just wanted a simple JUKE BOX to display the films.

Something the PS3 cannot do along with MKV playback.

The PS3 would rock if it did these two things but I doubt we will ever see it.

Soldato
Does it support more advanced subtitles like for instance karaoke style subs where two lots of subs should be in different places on screen at once? Also can it adjust framerate automatically to suit the file?
Looking for something to replace my wdtv and its a nightmare to find what I want which is basically the wdtv with more advanced sub support and syncing refresh rate to the file.
Looking at a htpc but much more expensive and a pain to get something setup which does everything. Xbmc was close but doesn't play nice with all my files.

Last edited:
Soldato
Easyrider, allow me to ask a horrendously noobish question. I'm completely new to this type of thing.

How does this thing work? Do I plug it into my PC, transfer the movies to the Playon! hard drive, and then from there onto my TV? or is it a link between my PC and TV?

Back
Top Bottom