eBay just removed fees for private sellers (Except motors)

I'm considering selling my 4090 on there so not paying a couple of hundred in fees would be great, i fear the scammers though, i've had a couple of bad experiences although most have been fine. In fact i think i'm going to list my 4090 on here too, might not get quite as much but buyers less likely to be a scammer.

This thread made me look on eBay for the first time in ages and ended up bidding on 5 Nintendo Switch games. Oh, well. I've never been very good at money management :D.

For me, EBay has been completely out of the question for selling things, for years - because it was just too expensive, I’ve been getting by with forums and fb marketplace.

But now - I’ll happily list stuff, I guess so many people have abandoned the platform due to costs, so this move does make sense - I’ll be listing a load of stuff later!

You don't know how good you've got it with online shopping and marketplaces in the UK.

Over here, eBay is almost entirely unused (most search results on eBay.at return items from eBay.UK), Facebook Marketplace is quiet, significant number of products/sellers on AliExpress will not ship here (and EVERY SINGLE item regardless of value is intercepted and has a minimum 5 Euro handling fee applied by the Post Office), and our version of Gumtree (Willhaben) is full of stuff that's years old and people trying to sell it for 10 Euros less than they paid for it new 5 years ago.

As a seller, are there any fees to processs the payment? Eg if the buyer pays with paypal would you pay a fee then? Or is the whole thing fee free now for sellers?

I'm considering selling my 4090 on there so not paying a couple of hundred in fees would be great, i fear the scammers though, i've had a couple of bad experiences although most have been fine. In fact i think i'm going to list my 4090 on here too, might not get quite as much but buyers less likely to be a scammer.
I would not be sticking something as valuable as a 4090 on Ebay!!

I would not be sticking something as valuable as a 4090 on Ebay!!

To put it into perspective, I've sold over 130 used GPU's on ebay over the years ranging from 280x,580,5700xt,1080ti,3060ti,3070,3080,3090 and never had a single issue or anyone trying to scam me, I make it obvious that the serial number will be recorded for security.. maybe that helps.

To put it into perspective, I've sold over 130 used GPU's on ebay over the years ranging from 280x,580,5700xt,1080ti,3060ti,3070,3080,3090 and never had a single issue or anyone trying to scam me, I make it obvious that the serial number will be recorded for security.. maybe that helps.
Over 130? Well hello there Mr Scalper/reseller. :cry:

This will definitely tempt me to try to sell a few bits on there again. I guess they were feeling the heat from vinted and other rivals.

Interestingly Vinted released vinted pro just a day after which might pull some business sellers across platforms

Back
Top Bottom