Ebay related, I think i got scammed

Soldato
http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=promiscuous_boi&ftab=AllFeedback

This is the guys feedback break down for today, yes, 9 negative feedbacks in one day....

The purchase i made was a xbox 360 for 200 pounds, i paid over HSBC bank transfer after commiting to buy over Ebay.

Its only been a day i know, but as soon as i paid he stopped mailing back, its been well over 28 hours now.

Now i'm really committed for a 360 right now(one game coming tomorrow), and theres a thread in MM for the same price, i really want to go for it, but i dont know whether i should wait or not.

Can you guys help out? i know its a very lame subject :(

Thank you

look at all the bad feedback he left for others inc
"FRAUD DO NOT BELIEVE A WORD DIS GUY SAYS PLZE. HES A ****** I WNT HIS WIFE *****"

nice sound like you might have got ripped off :( :mad:
maybe a hacked account as untill the last couple of days all his feedback is good

can you start a claim? if you can do it now!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
not yet, apparently i have to wait a little longer, but how long?

plus i will get my money back right?

btw i havnt left a feedback on him, and don't intend to either.

There was no way i could have known this guy was a scammer....

Soldato
Looks like someone he's had past dealings with has won all his auctions in an attempt to blast his feedback with negatives. Obvious, but meh.

Wouldn't be concerned with the feedback, although with the non-replying to e-mails after payment I would be.

Soldato
Slogan said:
Looks like someone he's had past dealings with has won all his auctions in an attempt to blast his feedback with negatives. Obvious, but meh.

Wouldn't be concerned with the feedback, although with the non-replying to e-mails after payment I would be.

thats one person. what about the rest of the negative feedback from other peopel?

Permabanned
have you seen the amount of completed listings he has?

I'm afraid to say you've been screwed, but he's doing this on a massive scale so go to your local police station and find out information about his Bank account. Hopefully they'll catch him with other peoples help too.

Soldato
OP
removed--sorry,

his address, I always ask for postal addresses to post money even though i dont pay by post.. Hopefully if i report this to police...

EDIT, so will it be a good idea to get on the phone with Cambridge constabulary and report the address?

Last edited:
Soldato
james.miller said:
thats one person. what about the rest of the negative feedback from other peopel?

That was strange. Only showed 'Where are my straighteners' then postives when I first checked. My bad.

Definitely get onto HSBC as soon as possible.

Soldato
you'll have a very hard time getting your money back from the transfer. Best you'll get is probably going to be cost-£25 from ebay insurance

Don
Amleto said:
you'll have a very hard time getting your money back from the transfer. Best you'll get is probably going to be cost-£25 from ebay insurance

don't think they will pay out if payment was bank transfer

Soldato
OP
andy said:
good to see kids putting there IT lessons too good use :/ :(

I looked at the feedbacks but he seemed legit, all those bad feedbacks wern't there when i committed to buy the item....

SO, shall i let the police know of this address or not?

Back
Top Bottom