Ebay related, I think i got scammed

Soldato
OP
just got off the police, they didnt seem to interested about it...
even though i told them his still active etc etc

This is quite annoying, i cant do anything about it until the 13th!!!, whats worse is that its a friday 13th!

Last edited:
Soldato
You can claim with eBay but I think the most you can get is £100.

Don't use bank transfer. Unfortunately you won't get very far. Do you have his address? You can start a small claims court.

Permabanned
If you can't get the money back, then phone the police and mention you've seen some suspicious activity at the address, and say you think it may be terrorist related. Going by his name, it's not that impossible to believe and probably worth £200.

Soldato
shimy182 said:
just got off the police, they didnt seem to interested about it...
even though i told them his still active etc etc

The law now says you report any suspected fraud to your bank, and they then contact the police if they feel it necessary.

Soldato
shimy182 said:
I looked at the feedbacks but he seemed legit, all those bad feedbacks wern't there when i committed to buy the item....

SO, shall i let the police know of this address or not?

Surely you have the sortcode of his bank, and his account number too - is there nothing that the Police can do using these to track him down? His addy is probably fake, but you never know. It'll be worth taking copies of any correspondence between you and him to your local cop shop to help reinforce your story, that is if they're interested.

/edit, seems they're not interested...

Perhaps try to liase with the other legit (i.e not those with negative feedback) scammed ebayers, and sort something out together? Defo go to the bank and explain to them what happened.

Soldato
OP
norm said:
The law now says you report any suspected fraud to your bank, and they then contact the police if they feel it necessary.

TO THE BANK!!! will be off tomorrow first thing, Thanks for all your posts so far, its been great help, don't think i will do the terrorist thing to get police attention :p...

beh

beh

Associate
norm said:
http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayI...id=promiscuous_boi&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers

I've no idea what that is all about. But it's clear he's still active. Last comment around 7pm.

Look at the number of offers he accepted on the Xbox 360 Premium ..

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=260132149558

If they all paid by bank transfer he'd be around £1.5k up.
From this its pretty conclusive he's a scammer. He's listed 132 items over the previous 30 days and hasn't received feedback for most of it. The rather entertaining preemptive feedback he's been leaving today says it all.

Good luck getting your money back shimy182 :)

Soldato
Sorry to hear about this mate :(

There really is some low life scum out there. I still can't get over some of the feedback he has left for others.

Good luck, hope this gets sorted.

Associate
"This guy was helpful on collection. Swift Payment GHD just like he said A++++"

Thats a comment, not really good with ebay.. but that would suggest he picked the item up from the guy, and therefore would have his address?

Not sure if that helps in the slightest but thought id point it out anyway!

Hope you get it sorted.

Permabanned
Sorry for your misfortune dude. Wait until the 13th then do a claim with Ebay. Unlike top get your money back that way as bank transfer isn't covered. HSBC wont refund the cash either. I know it sounds silly, as the feedback gives it away, but its your word against his. They hear this stuff all the time.

I did have a little smile. You titled the thread 'Ebay related, I think i got scammed' Then i saw the feedback and thought 'Yes!' :) I think you knew the answer, but hoped it wasnt the right one!

Best of luck mate.

Soldato
OP
challengedavid said:
what about the phone number in this listing?
call him?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260132101354

gosh thanks for that, will call him.. but any cunning plans to get something out of him?

My plan is, i pretend to be interested in the hair straightner and ask if i can come see it and possibly buy on the same day, meaning he can gimme his addy...
any other suggestions?

Soldato
woop woop its the sound of the police

try them again and keep trying see what they say , try contacting the other people too , if you all call police about it then something might get done

theyl get sick of you eventually and do something :p

Associate
The address and phone number you have, are probably not his. If it is a hacked account, that address will be the real guys address?

But you have his bank details, and the bank can easy track him down from that.

Back
Top Bottom