Ebay related, I think i got scammed

shimy182 said:
gosh thanks for that, will call him.. but any cunning plans to get something out of him?

My plan is, i pretend to be interested in the hair straightner and ask if i can come see it and possibly buy on the same day, meaning he can gimme his addy...
any other suggestions?

...then go round with the boys and kick his face in?

NachT said:
The address and phone number you have, are probably not his. If it is a hacked account, that address will be the real guys address?

But you have his bank details, and the bank can easy track him down from that.

i specifically asked for a postal address, and i doubt they will give an address so i can send money to no one..

shimy182 said:
because it was instant i believe..

Yes but if it was fraudulent? i'd always use a credit card on ebay, safest method by far because CC usually have good fraud prevention built in.

sid

shimy182 said:
My plan is, i pretend to be interested in the hair straightner and ask if i can come see it and possibly buy on the same day, meaning he can gimme his addy...

I doubt the guy is *that* stupid, not to mention he probably doesn't even have any hair straighteners.

So, shall i bother spending another 250 odd on a xbox 360? doesnt seem worth it now tbh, even though i want it badly..

New game should be arriving today, i guess that'l be on the bay soon..

EDIT, going to bank soon or later, up to my mum,

Also his feedback score is now zero..

People like him make me sick. he's ripped a lot of people off, is obviously under 18 years old so will get the money and the police won't be interested.

This is where civil action needs to be taken.

Either that or if the police arent interested then try taking the police to court to make them go to HSBC bank to get this guys address and take action.

what an absolute scumbag

*This is not to become an anti-Paypal thread - start your own!!*

I only use Paypal for 99.99% of all my dealings with EBay.
This has paid off only once as I've only once been scammed and I saw all of my money safely back.
Out of the many purchases and sales I've made on Ebay I've only done two outside of Paypal.
Once was a Bank Transfer to me and that went fine - transfer came across, cleared and I sent the item.
The second was just recently when I did a Bank Transfer to them.
It wasn't for as much as yours, however after I did the transfer the seller went quiet on me.
I'd only done the Bank Transfer as I just felt he was legit.
As it turned out he was just slow but legit and the item turned up and all was well.

Hope you get your money back but to be honest I really wouldn't hold me breath on you seeing all your funds returned on this one.

stoofa said:
*This is not to become an anti-Paypal thread - start your own!!*

I only use Paypal for 99.99% of all my dealings with EBay.
This has paid off only once as I've only once been scammed and I saw all of my money safely back.
Out of the many purchases and sales I've made on Ebay I've only done two outside of Paypal.
Once was a Bank Transfer to me and that went fine - transfer came across, cleared and I sent the item.
The second was just recently when I did a Bank Transfer to them.
It wasn't for as much as yours, however after I did the transfer the seller went quiet on me.
I'd only done the Bank Transfer as I just felt he was legit.
As it turned out he was just slow but legit and the item turned up and all was well.

Hope you get your money back but to be honest I really wouldn't hold me breath on you seeing all your funds returned on this one.
Iv done bank transfer several times as a buyer, they all went smoothly. the reason i like it is because most sellers give you discount this way... I wont be doing it again. I've well and truly learnt my lesson the hardway. i got pwnt :p

Im not going to give up easily on this one, though theres not a lot to do, theres 20 odd others whos trying to get him down right now, though its really hard to keep contact with other ebay members since ebay blocks most messeges.

So people, im angered and im frustrated, but i'm still raging to play forza 2 (in my hands now), i waited until exams are over and for my bike to sell to play this game, but this event has took place rather unexpectedly...
I'm not sure if its worth another 250 quid buying from a retailer... but i dont want to get scammed again, maybe i should just give it up all together? or shall i still try to get a 360?

Big dillema...

I know things don't look too good right now. But I wouldn't rush off and buy another 360 just yet. I'd wait a few days and see what develops.

I sincerely hope things turn out well for you. I hate it when the good guy gets done :(

eBay is run by ******* ****

Private Feedback - This member, promiscuous_boi, has decided to make their Feedback comments private. Feedback can still be left for this user and the Feedback ratings left are shown above in summary format. Learn more about private Feedback.

WHY THE HELL would you even make this an option. It completely renders the purpose of feedback useless.

I hope that **** hole of a company come to a sticky end one day. The amount of bad management decisions really gets to me.

I think it's safe to say you won't get that particular xbox. There's maybe a slim chance you will get your money back, fingers crossed for you. But if you want one and can afford it then get another.

Back
Top Bottom