EFL Cup - Semi-Final ** Spoilers ** [10/11/25/26 January 2017]

Caporegime
Yeah it was a bit of a damp squib of a performance. I thought we'd really step it up in the second half. Lingard came on and just seemed happy to do short passes sideways. Rashford did a few good runs in the second half though.

Caporegime
Since when was goals scored the measure of a footballer who isn't a forward?

Don't get me wrong, he's not united quality, but he puts himself about, wins balls, breaks up play, scares defenses. He's not an utter carthorse.

90% of the reason he plays is his 'aerial prowess' Most of the times when he comes on he plays as a second forward right up front. He can't pass the ball, can't tackle, fouls an awful lot, uses his elbows frequently. Him being tall is about his only redeeming attribute.

Caporegime
Liverpool Team: Karius, Clyne, Lovren, Klavan, Milner, Lucas, Can, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Firmino and Sturridge.

Subs: Mignolet, Gomez, Moreno, Stewart, Coutinho, Woodburn, Origi.

I'll be honest, if we start with this CB pairing and midfield on Sunday we're getting beat.

Soldato
Against a front three of Nathan "Run it into nowhere" Redmond, Jay "Lost his bottle" Rodriguez and Dusan "Might turn up might not" Tadic, you won't have any worries tonight.

edit - this sums up the completely unambitious approach of our manager now:

"It would be interesting to win this game."

Great.

Last edited:
Soldato
Liverpool Team: Karius, Clyne, Lovren, Klavan, Milner, Lucas, Can, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Firmino and Sturridge.

I'll be honest, if we start with this CB pairing and midfield on Sunday we're getting beat.

Do worry that Jan is mid way and we havent gotten any one in :( Mane will be massive loss.

Gomez will be another CB option for us once fit at least.

Soldato

Coutinho will start on Sunday surely (not sure if you classify him as a CAM or forward mind), and Hendo is likely to be ready ...if not fully fit...from rumours circulating

Either way no derby is ever won on paper however much one team is "better" than the other

Soldato
1-0 Saints, Poor defending again, And yet again another team has let us have all the ball and just counters us, Klopp needs to find an answer all season any team thats done that has gotten something from the game

Back
Top Bottom