** EKWB-PREDATOR - AVAILABLE NOW **

Associate
EK are recalling ALL old revisions of the predators.

''Dear customer

We are really sorry for the inconvenience but sadly all the predator units manufactured before January 4th 2016 are being recalled, so please contact your seller of the unit to get a replacement, Revision 1.1.

We have noticed that Predator units manufactured before that date are critical for leaks and to avoid any damage to your hardware, we have decided to recall them. Please note that only a small percentage of units are effected by this, but it's better to be safe than sorry, so please follow the instructions.

If you have bought it directly from our web shop, than please file a RMA case at our rma site http://ekwb.com/rma/ and our engineers will contact you asap and arrange a pickup and a replacement for you.
And if you bought it from one of our resellers, than please contact them and arrange to get a replacement from them.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for understanding.''

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
**** IMPORTANT RECALL INFORMATION - PLEASE READ ****

Hi Guys

Got an email last night with instructions on how EK are going about this.

They identified a potential issue with a batch initially but have turned it into a full product recall as of last night. Due to the nature of the product, this is the only sensible thing to do.

Affected products with EAN codes:
3831109863343: EK-XLC Predator 240 R1.0
3831109863350: EK-XLC Predator 360 (incl. QDC) R1.0

To reduce downtime, you have a few options. EKWB have revised the design (Revision 1.1) and all customers from OcUK have two options:

You can return your unit directly to EKWB who will replace the unit for you.
You can return your unit directly to OcUK who will refund or replace the unit for you.

(I personally suggest contacting OcUK directly so that we are able to resolve the matter for you quickly)

EKWB is promising a full refund for any units so if your preference is to take a refund then this will be honoured regardless of if your unit is faulty or not. For clarification, ALL units are being recalled and replaced due to the potential for this fault to develop over the product lifetime.

We are placing an order for 1.1 revisions for our inventory today so hopefully people looking to swap for the new ones will be able to do a straight swap if that is your preference.

Please be mindful that EKWB take their reputation very seriously and although a product recall is inconvenient, it is really the right thing to do to instil confidence in their customer base. The issue they identified is only a precautionary measure but it is necessary to act on it.

So far they have found only a small percentage of units to be impacted but I must stress that this is all precautionary and needs to happen to protect their brand reputation.

Rather than seeing pictures of leaking predator systems popping up all over the internet, this is absolutely the right thing for them to do and I hope all OcUK customers can see the merit in how they are handling this problem.

If you have any questions then please post on here and I will do what I can to help out too.

Rich

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Thanks Rich

If you are effected by this please feel free to drop me a message in the C/S forum. If you want to RMA it through us and I will sort you all out.

Cheers

Bailey

Don
Hi RJK, I got a 360 over the Christmas break. I would just like to straight swap if for another if needs be. Should I post in the customer service forum?

How long are we looking at for a replacement?

Cheers.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
hi Stanners

yeah just post in the CS section so that Bailey can log it for you.

if you want a replacement then we can try to arrange that too.

as mentioned, I am placing an order today for the new revisions so that we have serviceable stock to replace units for users impacted by this. Unfortunately I dont have an eta right now on how long that will take to get to us as EKWB are understandably very busy right now and haven't replied to me.

As soon as I have a proper update, I will post here.

Don
hi Stanners

as mentioned, I am placing an order today for the new revisions so that we have serviceable stock to replace units for users impacted by this. Unfortunately I dont have an eta right now on how long that will take to get to us as EKWB are understandably very busy right now and haven't replied to me.

Cheers mate.

Don
hi Stanners

Hi rjk,

I contacted EK and the response I got from them is that they are not doing anything and we have to go through whoever we purchased it from. I have posted the response I got in the CS section. The news has maybe not filtered through yet to there own guys.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Hi Guys

so. our current stock is quarantined and being sent back. in the mean time i have ordered replacement 'Revision 1.1' units to cover our RMA requirements as well as restocking the lines.

The product is off the website right now so that i can alter the descriptions and update the info.

We expect the replacement units to be with us within 7 business days.

Any EKWB Predator you buy from OCUK after today will be a Revision 1.1 unit that is not impacted by the recall.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Hi rjk,

I contacted EK and the response I got from them is that they are not doing anything and we have to go through whoever we purchased it from. I have posted the response I got in the CS section. The news has maybe not filtered through yet to there own guys.

we are dealing with their returns right now as it is the most efficient for the logistics of the recall to take place.

Soldato
Hi Guys

so. our current stock is quarantined and being sent back. in the mean time i have ordered replacement 'Revision 1.1' units to cover our RMA requirements as well as restocking the lines.

The product is off the website right now so that i can alter the descriptions and update the info.

We expect the replacement units to be with us within 7 business days.

Any EKWB Predator you buy from OCUK after today will be a Revision 1.1 unit that is not impacted by the recall.
Great news :)

Back
Top Bottom