** EKWB-PREDATOR - AVAILABLE NOW **

They should really change the tubing and that quick disconnect. It's so ugly :(

the tubing is there as it is non porous so works well in that it doesn't lower the coolant level and starve the pump over time. essential for a closed loop with zero maintenance.

the QDC is not very nice looking. BUT the important thing to remember is that it every QDC on the market loses around a teaspoon of fluid when disconnected.

This one doesnt which is absolutely essential as this is designed to be installed in the case with pre filled blocks.

the tubing is there as it is non porous so works well in that it doesn't lower the coolant level and starve the pump over time. essential for a closed loop with zero maintenance.

the QDC is not very nice looking. BUT the important thing to remember is that it every QDC on the market loses around a teaspoon of fluid when disconnected.

This one doesnt which is absolutely essential as this is designed to be installed in the case with pre filled blocks.

I think Koolance QD3/4 has resolved that already?

All you loss is 2 drops of fluid

If I get the 240 Predator, can I change the tubing/liquid to my taste? Or is that a no go?

There was initially an OCUK Tech Labs version which you could have customised, but that got pulled by request of EK. There was talk of it coming back, but I haven't heard any more, so not sure what's happening there. RJK also said he might post a tutorial/guide on how to mod ourselves. Personally, I'd love to see the Tech Labs version return... I don't really fancy messing around with tubing and coolant if I don't have to, which is the whole appeal of an AIO in the first place.

I seem to have an annoying issue with mine now. The fans are running at full speed and the PWM on the motherboard doesnt seem to work.

Motherboard is a gigabyte z97 gaming 7 one.

On the plus side the processor is very cool :P it's just somewhat loud

I'll post back if/when I find a solution.

EDIT - Well i'm an idiot. I decided to remove the cooler and try my previous air cooler and in doing so I have snapped one of the power connectors on the inbuilt power board. An expensive mistake to make and lesson learnt. On the plus side my air cooler is decidedly quieter.

I used very little force to pull off the power connector i'm a little disappointed to be honest

Last edited:
There was initially an OCUK Tech Labs version which you could have customised, but that got pulled by request of EK. There was talk of it coming back, but I haven't heard any more, so not sure what's happening there. RJK also said he might post a tutorial/guide on how to mod ourselves. Personally, I'd love to see the Tech Labs version return... I don't really fancy messing around with tubing and coolant if I don't have to, which is the whole appeal of an AIO in the first place.

Yeah I guide would be great, with like what tubing is recommended, can we change the fittings (to colour match ect..) and what liquids.

I'd like to do it at some point, but the standard 240 looks okay so I can bare it for a while :P

I'd really love to see a clear tubing version at least... as then you could add some colour to it, and with EK's knowledge they could obviously produce this themselves. Hopefully the Tech Labs version will return at some point though.

pvc tubing is porous which is why we cant use it...

and also explains why ek chose their tubing for the predator

Ah, so that applies to ALL clear tubing? Why would ANYONE use this for WC'ing in that case, why does it even exist?

Cause it looks cool.

With a custom water cooling loop you can easily top up.
Anything that states itself as "None maintenance" should have that kind of tubing.

It also makes it easier to see air bubbles, see water movement etc.

Cause it looks cool.

With a custom water cooling loop you can easily top up.
Anything that states itself as "None maintenance" should have that kind of tubing.

It also makes it easier to see air bubbles, see water movement etc.

Undoubetedly looks cooler. Just personally I wouldn't be happy with the word 'porous' being associated with any component containing water inside my PC lol! :p

The amount it is "Porous" is approx. x number of atoms per days.

You are not suddenly going to have a wet case no :P

Well, that being the case, given there are about 5 sextillion atoms (that's a 1 followed by 21 zeros) in a single drop of water, it seems awfully harsh to not be allowed to use PVC tubing on the Predator. :(

Back
Top Bottom