*** Elden Ring ***

Associate
Steam has finally been updated with the minimum system requirements.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1245620/ELDEN_RING/

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Win10, Win11
Processor: Intel Core i5-8400 or AMD Ryzen 3 3300X
Memory: 12 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, 3 GB or AMD Radeon RX 580, 4 GB
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 60 GB available space
Note: Minimum specs don't take into account ray tracing.

Maximum resolution*: Up to 3840x2160P
Framerate: Up to 60 FPS
HDR*: Supported
Raytracing (via patch): Supported
Note: *4K and HDR require a compatible 4K and HDR compatible TV or display

Associate
Will grab this on day one as really looking forward to it and love all the Souls games , the cd keys seems a good deal so will go for that .... Fingers crossed they get the online sorted and back up and running asap as i miss playing Dark Souls 3 online since they shut it down few weeks ago :mad:

Soldato
I'm in the opposite camp - will likely not buy it at all :) I've beaten Dark Souls 3 (with all of its DLCs) twice and to me Elden Ring is waaaay too much of the same, AND THEY'VE REMOVED THE SHIELD KICK from melee combat. It was one of my favourite moves... Magic - something I hated using in DS3 - is now heavily pushed onto a player. Meh.

Soldato
I'll probably get it since there's nothing better around but I'll wait till it gets down in price a bit. Might try to grind and platinum DS3 meanwhile.

I really wish this was more like a Sekiro/BB cross and I'm not a magic fan at all either but I'll play it.

Soldato
Might try to grind and platinum DS3 meanwhile
I thought you've given up on DS3 half way through? Platinum requires some online clan stuff iirc, I platinumed Sekiro (my only platinum in Steam), but DS3 platinum was too much for me.
Did you try SIFU btw? It's my current favourite as the combat is pretty similar to Sekiro - precise , fast and brutal. Oh, and it's hard too. https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/sifu-streets-of-rage-meet-john-wick-meet-sekiro.18947523/

Soldato
I thought you've given up on DS3 half way through? Platinum requires some online clan stuff iirc, I platinumed Sekiro (my only platinum in Steam), but DS3 platinum was too much for me.
Did you try SIFU btw? It's my current favourite as the combat is pretty similar to Sekiro - precise , fast and brutal. Oh, and it's hard too. https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/sifu-streets-of-rage-meet-john-wick-meet-sekiro.18947523/

No, I completed the entire game and all the optional bosses, even got some of the grindy items (not all:p), I just got into other games after that. Wasn't that great overall but still good, just most of the bosses were disappointing.

I also platinumed Sekiro (also my only one:D), but DS3 might indeed be too much of a grind.

I'm eyeballing Sifu but I hope it gets released on Steam at some point, I avoid Epic whenever possible. Don't like the laggy, featureless launcher and their practices.

I did get THPS 1+2 there during the Lunar Sale, though as it was like 10 quid after the discont + code and it'll probably never get to Steam (Activision) but that was a rare exception. If it's the same with Sifu, I'll get it there during a sale.

Soldato
I'm in the opposite camp - will likely not buy it at all :) I've beaten Dark Souls 3 (with all of its DLCs) twice and to me Elden Ring is waaaay too much of the same, AND THEY'VE REMOVED THE SHIELD KICK from melee combat. It was one of my favourite moves... Magic - something I hated using in DS3 - is now heavily pushed onto a player. Meh.

lmao it's nothing like dark souls 3 haha

Soldato
lmao it's nothing like dark souls 3 haha
Even the wobbly backstab animation came directly from DS3. I wish they used Demon Souls Remake backstab (and Remake's next gen graphics :)) And I don't have a problem with expanding DS3 per se, my problem is that ER expands DS3 aspects that I personally dislike - player's use of magic (even melee combat is more magical with less realistic looking parries), bland filler landscapes, unrealistic aspects of the fantasy world (knights jumping from 100 feet is OK now), etc etc.

Soldato
Umm, I don't think anyone can argue this doesn't take a lot of cues from DS, lol. As mentioned above, even the animations are copied. The combat is way more DS than Sekiro or BB, even the aesthetic.

I'm pretty sure it'll be a very good game and will even win GOTY but it does look like open-world DS3 with some tweaks to the combat and a fantasy aesthetic I don't entirely buy. It looks remarkably similar but now you have a map, a horse and points of interest akin to standard open world games, which I don't think suits From games.

Demon's Souls looks miles better and that's the engine they should've gone with and created an entirely new concept.

It may sound like I'm bashing the game but I'll probably play it for many hours, it's just that I'm slightly disappointed with the direction they went with after Miyazaki said he doesn't want to make another DS:p

Pet Northerner
Don
So, confirmed locked 60fps and no ultrawide? Damn it From Software, come on. It's 2022!!!

No ultrawide ffs I'll get it on Xbox series x then and can trade it when I'm done :rolleyes:

Thats me out then!

urgh, looks like it's going to be a PS5 game for me then.

No point gettin an UW patch as the game on the pc is coming with an anti-cheat client, which will mean early UW fixes could lead to online bans.

Back
Top Bottom