Soldato
Fired this up today in prep for the DLC, character on 197 on NG but I have no idea wtf I'm doing it's been that long. Compounded with the fact I keep bloody ducking by mistake ( Stella Blade to thank for that ).

I think I'll have to start again but that's daunting as I know how big this game is....
I restarted it and I’m having a blast don’t worry about it. Worth it imho.

Soldato
Bit late to the party but can you access the DLC with just one play through as I did read somewhere you need to do two ‍♂️
2 playthroughs isn't a strict requirement but you're probably going to need to be a higher level to get through the area where the DLC supposedly begins. There are 2 ways I know of to get to the DLC area, both require significant effort though.
Edit: I see this has been answered.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone know if the DLC bundle pack will have a new set of trophies for the base game, Id like to restart fresh all over again like experiencing it all over again :D
I bought the DLC bundle to replace my disc version of Elden Ring. All trophies were still there (platinumed on PS5) so definitely not a new set of trophies for the base game. Obviously when the DLC is released I'm expecting a set of DLC trophies.

Soldato
2 playthroughs isn't a strict requirement but you're probably going to need to be a higher level to get through the area where the DLC supposedly begins. There are 2 ways I know of to get to the DLC area, both require significant effort though.
Edit: I see this has been answered.
The DLC area is accessed via the cracked egg in mohgwyn palace afaik.

Edit. Which requires mohg, and Radahn to be defeated.

Last edited:
Soldato
Indeed, I have a site of grace right in front of that cracked cocoon thingy ready for the DLC. There are 2 ways of getting into Mohgwyn Palace, but I didn't think defeating Radahn was a requirement. :confused::eek:
Ah yeah, the pureblood knights medal from varre gets you to the blood palace, and it is also accessed via the consecrated snowfield I think. (I used to medal method)

And yeah afaik Radahn and Mohg gotta be taken down. Not sure why Radahn is necessary tho

Soldato
Ah yeah, the pureblood knights medal from varre gets you to the blood palace, and it is also accessed via the consecrated snowfield I think. (I used to medal method)

And yeah afaik Radahn and Mohg gotta be taken down. Not sure why Radahn is necessary tho
Radahn is necessary for Ranni's questline, but can't recall any link to Mohg. It's possible I missed something though, but I've done 3 playthroughs so far and accessed Mohgwyn Palace via both methods. First time was via the portal, found purely by chance. Took me ages to grind my way through to the boss and died a LOT :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
Radahn is necessary for Ranni's questline, but can't recall any link to Mohg. It's possible I missed something though, but I've done 3 playthroughs so far and accessed Mohgwyn Palace via both methods. First time was via the portal, found purely by chance. Took me ages to grind my way through to the boss and died a LOT :cry:
We’re not sure what the Radahn link is yet. Miyazaki just said both are needed to be killed before accessing the dlc. Unless I have misread something.

I made short work of mohg with the dark moon great sword (seriously overpowered ash of war on that thing)

Associate
How's the game on PS5? I played on PC back when it launched and haven't actually touched it since finishing it. Keen to get back into it now ahead of the DLC and I was tempted to play on PS5 - but wasn't sure if it was one that runs better on console than on PC (Jedi Survivor etc.) or was a little ropey.

Soldato
How's the game on PS5? I played on PC back when it launched and haven't actually touched it since finishing it. Keen to get back into it now ahead of the DLC and I was tempted to play on PS5 - but wasn't sure if it was one that runs better on console than on PC (Jedi Survivor etc.) or was a little ropey.
For the most part it looks and plays really nicely. A couple of choppy bits here and there when you are riding your horse but nothing game breaking.

Associate
Super, thanks all - appreciate it. I'll pick it up!

It did look lovely on PC - but I've since got an OLED monitor so assuming it'll look better using HDR on my OLED now on PS5 than it did a few years ago on my regular IPS monitor!

Soldato
Fired this up today in prep for the DLC, character on 197 on NG but I have no idea wtf I'm doing it's been that long. Compounded with the fact I keep bloody ducking by mistake ( Stella Blade to thank for that ).

I think I'll have to start again but that's daunting as I know how big this game is....
Similar boat here, I went for NG2 but then didn't really progress. I need to go and clear up to Mohg so I'm ready to go day 1. I did go to stormveil thinking I'd be able to steamroller everything and got killed by the kight in the dark room with the door that locks when you entered. Reality check :D

Soldato
Similar boat here, I went for NG2 but then didn't really progress. I need to go and clear up to Mohg so I'm ready to go day 1. I did go to stormveil thinking I'd be able to steamroller everything and got killed by the kight in the dark room with the door that locks when you entered. Reality check :D
Ol’ Gostoc is a real ******* :p

Soldato
That was my first death in NG+. He’s a git!

Soldato
Previews are dropping. Just read there might be 100+ new weapons :eek: don’t know if it’s true !?

Edit. Ok it is true. Read a couple of sources saying the same

Some previews if you’re interested. Edit. I have not watched these videos - watch at your own risk, regarding spoilers.

Last edited:
Soldato
New weapon classes include ..

-Great Katana
-Hand-to-hand
-Throwing Weapons
-Thrusting Shields
-Reverse-hand Swords
-Perfume Bottles
- Light Greatswords
-Beast Claws

Back