Soldato
I found the headless guy really useful early on but forgot where I found him. I have discovered so much stuff I never saw on my other character.

Associate
I have the mimic at level 10 also, but he seems a bit chicken, he runs away from him towards me most of the time :D
Yeah, he did that with me a few times as well when the giant rolled away out of its range!

I tried to keep the giant near the edge of the cliffs so when he did roll away, he didn't go as far.

Baz

Baz

Soldato
Yeah, he did that with me a few times as well when the giant rolled away out of its range!

I tried to keep the giant near the edge of the cliffs so when he did roll away, he didn't go as far.

Good point, though there is more scenery to get caught up on when you are trying to get away from him!

Associate
Good point, though there is more scenery to get caught up on when you are trying to get away from him!
Yeah, true! I did have a spectacular meltdown on my second try after I got him down to half a ball hair of health, I got caught on a rock and he squished me :D

Baz

Baz

Soldato
Yeah, true! I did have a spectacular meltdown on my second try after I got him down to half a ball hair of health, I got caught on a rock and he squished me :D

I bet, three times I got him to within <---> of death! Good job I was using an Elite controller otherwise it would have been launched at a wall!

Associate
Good point :D

I might go hunting for more legendary ashes in the meantime. I do wish you could cast more than one though :(

There is also an NPC summon for the giant in addition to being able to use your ashes, but you need to do a quest line to get it. It's a good questline though that is well worth doing for rewards that starts right near an early part of the game, without spoiling it you could look around North Stormhill fields in detail, might find something good there.

Makes all the difference in the giant fight, but it's not that obvious at all how to get it.

Baz

Baz

Soldato
There is also an NPC summon for the giant in addition to being able to use your ashes, but you need to do a quest line to get it. It's a good questline though that is well worth doing for rewards that starts right near an early part of the game, without spoiling it you could look around North Stormhill fields in detail, might find something good there.

Makes all the difference in the giant fight, but it's not that obvious at all how to get it.

This the one that disables Torrent in the fight (according to the Elden Ring Wiki)

Associate
That NPC takes much more of a beating in the giant fight than torrent can and the quest line is great as well. Was having problems with it but got it first time with the NPC, also ties into another great NPC and questline for some good drops so well worth getting it.

Soldato
I’ll try the NPC again see if makes a difference. Kind of felt like I needed Torrent but he gets KO’d really fast. I like the headless spirit he’s pretty tough. I tried archer spirit but sometimes he’s just too far away. Oh well it’s fun trying out different things!

Soldato
Got the fire giant first try going back and using the NPC plus headless spirit. Just wailed on him with rock sling as fast as I could then used sword on his foot when he was staggered. Just tried to avoid fire second phase and he went down really quickly. Both the NPC and the summon survived the fight. Interesting new place I am in now lol. This game it’s immense!

Associate
Can you put the torch on the pouch as shortcut?

It's been 20mins looking at the inventory, equipment, pouches, sitting at the grace and STILL can't figure out how to put the torch on the pouch.

You have to equip it as if it's a weapon. Have a look into getting the lantern, not as bright but saves you have to waste a weapon slot.

Back
Top Bottom