Soldato
Turned it off earlier, manged to kill this giant by a gatehouse, only to die at the hands of some twit with a trumpet - spawned back in and the giant is back, but all my throwing knives are gone :(

Will give it another crack when the little ones goes to bed, but the controls feel a bit off - I keep getting instances after panning, where the movement has zeor deadzone and the character moves/spins wildly for a second, then carries on as normal. Happens on both my pads and even after a full console shutdown. Turned off the auto centering camera and reduced the camera speed, so it's made this issue less annoying now.

Soldato
Commander O’Neil finally done. God that took me ages. Finished for today.

Edit. Had less trouble with the magma wyrm and fallingstar beast :cry:

Also changed swords. Got a meteorite katana (?) I think. It’s pretty good so far

Last edited:
Soldato
Turned it off earlier, manged to kill this giant by a gatehouse, only to die at the hands of some twit with a trumpet - spawned back in and the giant is back, but all my throwing knives are gone :(

Will give it another crack when the little ones goes to bed, but the controls feel a bit off - I keep getting instances after panning, where the movement has zeor deadzone and the character moves/spins wildly for a second, then carries on as normal. Happens on both my pads and even after a full console shutdown. Turned off the auto centering camera and reduced the camera speed, so it's made this issue less annoying now.
If you’re having a few troubles, I watched some videos of FightinCowboy on YouTube on how to best get started, and it helped greatly with the flow of the start of the game. It’s worth just watching the first couple.

Last edited:
Soldato

I had issues with accidentally clicking L3 when playing, especially fighting. So I swapped controls over.

Could you be accidentally clicking a button like R3 to “lock on”

Lock on can do some weird things with the camera if you are not expecting it.

Soldato
Honestly I feel like I am just treading water until Stellar Blade comes out. This is perfect for a couple of weeks. 100% buying the DLC for ER it looks immense.

I haven't tried Stellar Blade yet but I will. Heard it's a bit like Sekiro, which makes me want to replay that as well, oh god:p

Last edited:
Soldato
I had issues with accidentally clicking L3 when playing, especially fighting. So I swapped controls over.

Could you be accidentally clicking a button like R3 to “lock on”

Lock on can do some weird things with the camera if you are not expecting it.
Nah, think both my controllers might have stick drift - did the press down on the stick and rotate it, seemed to have helped.

These dualsense controllers certainly aren't made to last :mad:

Soldato
Nah, think both my controllers might have stick drift - did the press down on the stick and rotate it, seemed to have helped.

These dualsense controllers certainly aren't made to last :mad:
both my dual sense are still okay. My joycons, however, are totaled with stick drift.

Soldato
both my dual sense are still okay. My joycons, however, are totaled with stick drift.
My original one got sent back to Sony after less than a year, so I got another to tide me over - that lasted a year or so and developed stick drift on the right stick, now my 'repaired' Sony one has drift in the left stick - maybe I can butcher the to make one good pad lol :D

Elend Ring just taught me not to trust anything - been exploring South and noticed some massive headstones in the hillside, and some zombie looking guys mulling around - so I dropped them and this MASSIVE bear thing materialised and I had to leg it on my horsie :cry:

Soldato
My original one got sent back to Sony after less than a year, so I got another to tide me over - that lasted a year or so and developed stick drift on the right stick, now my 'repaired' Sony one has drift in the left stick - maybe I can butcher the to make one good pad lol :D

Elend Ring just taught me not to trust anything - been exploring South and noticed some massive headstones in the hillside, and some zombie looking guys mulling around - so I dropped them and this MASSIVE bear thing materialised and I had to leg it on my horsie :cry:
I think the new controllers (v2) are a lot better for stick drift. I know the battery is a lot better.

There are a fair few things I’ve noped out of. I won’t spoil anything though :D nothing wrong with leaving stuff and coming back later. I’ve done that with a few bosses and mini bosses actually !

Soldato
Done a couple of tombs and Margit down. Exploring the castle and killed the knight in the dark room. Died a bunch of times so far. Fun! :D

My controller drifts as well. I use contact cleaner on it which fixes it for a while.

Last edited:
Soldato
Done a couple of tombs and Margit down. Exploring the castle and killed the knight in the dark room. Died a bunch of times so far. Fun! :D

My controller drifts as well. I use contact cleaner on it which fixes it for a while.
I could have sworn I heard him laugh when the door got locked shut. I had the volume quite low. I hope so anyway, or I’m hearing things :D

Soldato
Thought so. Counting down the hours til I get in to play. :D Where to next after Caelid? (Pretty much hated it..very barren, and hostile, which I guess was the point)

Soldato
Yep. The bowling ball wasn’t a problem.. it was the guy stood behind them ! Dropped a lovely shield mind

I still use that shield. Been part of my main equipment for ages! :)

In general, my philosophy was if I got caught out or ambushed, I noped the hell out and ran like stink in the opposite direction!

Ran off a few cliffs in a panic here and there though, so it’s not entirely fool proof :p

Soldato
I still use that shield. Been part of my main equipment for ages! :)

In general, my philosophy was if I got caught out or ambushed, I noped the hell out and ran like stink in the opposite direction!

Ran off a few cliffs in a panic here and there though, so it’s not entirely fool proof :p
Me too. I only very recently traded it in for the brass kite shield. But it’s a lot heavier.

Man the amount of times I press and hold circle to ready my run/jump, only to jump back off a ledge and die, I lost count. :D same with torrent, he can be a little difficult turning, or backing up from a cliff edge lol.

Back
Top Bottom