Associate
Haven't played since finishing my first run after release... Can't decide if it would be foolish to start NG and force myself to get gud again or keep my end game save to play from.
At this point in time I'd be inclined to say use your end game save. Unless you have loads of spare time and won't be playing anything else until June.

Soldato
If you have a PS+ subscription you could turn off cloud sync and keep you end game save in the cloud and start a NG+ save locally. Of course this would stop all your other games synching with the cloud but it is a way of trying NG+ to see if it’s for you without losing your end game save from your current play through. Just have to remember not to re-enable cloud sync!

Soldato
That was what I used in the end. Combined with Mimic it is brilliant.
I’m sort of swapping between the blasphemous blade, darkmoon great sword and the moonveil. They all serve purposes for how I play so I switch and swap.

And, wow, the haligtree area is certainly a spike in difficulty. Getting stomped by certain enemies! In any case, I battered the mini boss on the horse, and found an ancient dragon smithy stone. (Non somber, boooo)

Soldato
I started again on NG+ and although I am much more powerful, I cant remember the route to the end again.
I found I have steamrolled most things in NG+ so far.

I went through stormveil and killed Godrick and went and activated his rune. Then I made a beeline for the Raya Lucaria Academy after killing the guard dragon for the glintstone key. Killed Renalla. Hot footed it to the ruin strewn precipice to get up to Altus Plateau without needing the two halves of the medallion. Killed the Magma Wrym on my way through.

Got to Altus and went straight into Leyndell killed Godfrey Shade and straight up to Morgott and killed him.

Got Rold Medallion. Went to the divine tower to activate morgotts rune and killed the Fell Twins along the way. Went back to lift and onto the forbidden lands, killed the black blade kindred. Popped up in mountain tops of the giants and literally just legged it all across the map to the fire giant. Killed him. Ran to the big lava pot and activated the grace.

That’s as far as I got so far. But that’s been maybe 3hrs of play as I messed about right at the start doing a few things I didn’t need to.

Soldato
Miyazaki says Elden ring will not get 2nd dlc. He goes on to say they never planned for dlc, due to the game world design, it didn't make sense to start adding seperate areas of the map that break the open world exploration link that would be created by DLC.

Soldato
That’s all I used from the point I had it to the end of the game, have you been to lyndell yet?
Yep. Done everything (all bosses, side bosses and mini bosses, up to the snow area) the hardest so far were the first Astel, the gargoyle twins, and probably the commander in the rot swamp in Caelid.

I’ve killed all the dragons too. As far as I’m aware. (The one you have to fight in that girls dream was absolutely amazing)

I’ve explored a bit of the snow fields (not really feeling it) and now am in the haligtree. Just killed that boss who rides the horse

Soldato
I don’t want this game to end - but at the same time I sort of do. Once it’s done I’ll feel a little empty though. Not ready for a new game plus. So just gonna hang around for the dlc before I hit up the final bosses.

Edit. Also, the darkmoon GS has been my favorite weapon. It’s so damn powerful, and uses so little FP to power up. It’s crazy good.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep. Done everything (all bosses, side bosses and mini bosses, up to the snow area) the hardest so far were the first Astel, the gargoyle twins, and probably the commander in the rot swamp in Caelid.

I’ve killed all the dragons too. As far as I’m aware. (The one you have to fight in that girls dream was absolutely amazing)

I’ve explored a bit of the snow fields (not really feeling it) and now am in the haligtree. Just killed that boss who rides the horse
I’m almost disappointed to hear you didn’t complain about the tree sentinel outside the entrance! Faram azula (spelling) after the fire giant is pretty fun.

Soldato
I’m almost disappointed to hear you didn’t complain about the tree sentinel outside the entrance! Faram azula (spelling) after the fire giant is pretty fun.
The tree sentinel outside of leyndell? I expected him to put up more of a scrap :D not sure where to go now honestly. Not much else of the map to explore. I think I’m heading to that orange swirly thing ?

Edit. Okay one enemy boss I really do hate is the ulcerated tree spirit. I just cannot for the life of me predict his attacks.

Edit2. Ohhh I think you mean the first ever tree sentinel! Yeah he was tough.. felt good downing him. I was maining the tree spear at the time.

Last edited:
Soldato
The tree sentinel outside of leyndell? I expected him to put up more of a scrap :D not sure where to go now honestly. Not much else of the map to explore. I think I’m heading to that orange swirly thing ?

Edit. Okay one enemy boss I really do hate is the ulcerated tree spirit. I just cannot for the life of me predict his attacks.

Edit2. Ohhh I think you mean the first ever tree sentinel! Yeah he was tough.. felt good downing him. I was maining the tree spear at the time.
Nooo, the draconic tree sentinel outside the entrance door to Lyndel, he was a massive pain in the ass for me.

I think from what it sounds you want the swirley thing in the south east mountaintops of the giants, beat him and its farm azula straight away. There’s some good bosses there, placidusax (optional and easily missed) and maliketh. Godskin duo was a borefest. After that you’re home straight to the final run of bosses. Even when you beat the final boss you don’t automatically go to ng+, you still have the world to sweep and clear until the expansion.

Back
Top Bottom