Elder Scrolls VI Announced!

Soldato
Obviously very hyped for this! I bet we are looking at 2020 though at the minimum

Love Soule's music but his Kickstarter campaign left a bitter taste in my mouth so if they're dropping him maybe they've had similar experiences working with him. To be fair he doesn't say he's not doing the music for the game, just not for that teaser.

Man of Honour
I doubt we'll see it before 2020 so not getting too excited

It was the same type of trailer as Starfield, and they said that is a title for the next gen basically. Just to shut people up

Man of Honour
Also relevant: Jeremy Soule hasn't been brought onboard the project (yet) and the music heard in the teaser is not from him.

That quote doesn't mean he isn't on the project - fairly stock response if under NDA. (Doesn't mean he is but under NDA either).

Associate
OP
That quote doesn't mean he isn't on the project - fairly stock response if under NDA. (Doesn't mean he is but under NDA either).

True, but usually under NDA you wouldn't mention who does what this early in development, you would let the studio be the spokesperson. Maybe he got permission to go public about that, or maybe he hasn't signed any contract yet. The response that statement gives off is that he isn't included in the project at this stage, and is that what Bethesda want people to perceive? I doubt it.

Last edited:
Soldato
According to Eurogamer they say it won't come out until AFTER Starfield which is a new IP that they believe is a nextgen title. I'm seriously not expecting this until 2022 at the earliest.

Soldato
If it was that far away, they wouldn't announce it in 2018.
Well normally they don't announce anything until it's coming out that year, but this is different. They've been hounded about ES6 for years and they know fans are getting impatient. They've repeatedly said in interviews that ES6 is a long way off and that they're waiting on technology to realise their vision. They've stressed it repeatedly that it's not happening because they have other things they want to work on before it.

IMO the reason they showed this non-trailer was a way of shielding themselves from the flack for the mobile Elder Scrolls Blades game they announced. In the presentation you could hear the crowd getting restless everytime he said Elder Scrolls and he even started looking nervous. They knew this would happen and that's why they announced the game this early.

Back
Top Bottom