Electric shavers? Advice please.

Soldato
a half way house is just hot towel/flannel beforehand to soften stubble - faster for the daily routine ? but I am not going to break the 5 minute record, more like 10-15.

[work mate (electric) shaves in the car on the way to work - don't know what his no claims bonus is though]

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I've been looking into getting a electric razor as the prices of the latest Gillette Fusion blades just silly now. As a electric razor will pay for itself within a few months, however, this does depnds on how good they are.

Is the Panasonic ES-LV95 one of the better ones to look at or is the Braun 9K or 7K worth looking into?

Thanks.

Man of Honour
Is the Panasonic ES-LV95 one of the better ones to look at or is the Braun 9K or 7K worth looking into?

I don't think you'll be disappointed with any of them but from being a life long Braun user (40 years +) I've switched to the Panasonic because of the replacement head problem of the Braun 9. Apparantly you can get the Braun 7 heads.
Also leemk has all 3 and he puts the Panasonic at number one and I can't thank him enough for his input.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I don't think you'll be disappointed with any of them but from being a life long Braun user (40 years +) I've switched to the Panasonic because of the replacement head problem of the Braun 9. Apparantly you can get the Braun 7 heads.
Also leemk has all 3 and he puts the Panasonic at number one and I can't thank him enough for his input.

Lovely thank you, i'll get one ordered and report back. :D

Associate
I've used the Series 3 for a very long time so I was happy.
However the difference between the Series 3 and Series 9/Panasonic ES LV95 is immeasurable.

Huge differences in prices though?

What's the best I can get for sub £50. I'm after something that leaves a bit of stubble. I don't look right cleanly shaven.

Associate
men, you guys are a disgrace to masculinity, use a Machete, and finish it off with a gas trimmer. :D

and use diesel as aftershave mixed with spirit and turpentine. lol

Associate
I own the Philips Williams F1 shaver.

http://thumbs2.picclick.com/d/l400/...PS-Rechargeable-WILLIAMS-F1-Team-HQ7290-A.jpg

It gives a passable shave but takes ages, and just like crappy multi-blade cartridge razors, I'd need another shave at 2pm.

I currently use a Merkur 38c with Personna blades, a badger hair brush, Proraso shaving soap and my own home made pre shave oil (recipe below).
I also use an Osma Alum block to ward of shaving rash.

1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp almond oil
4 tbsp castor oil
4 drops of peppermint oil

I have it in a little bottle and apply it after my shower and leave it on for the morning coffee.
The shave is super close and will last until midnight.

** Do Not Hotlink images **

Last edited by a moderator:

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Great insight and info on that panasonic guys

I spotted it here for £150

https://www.shavers.co.uk/panasonic...th-cleaning-system-men-s-electric-shaver.html

I am still on the RF-31, 4 blade system not sure how a 5 head will work but I did struggle with the bigger head size at first it took a few weeks to adjust but after that it really does get more hairs off. Hopefully the same with a 5 bladed unit.

Another one thing I love about the older RF-31 is 1 hour charge and 65 minutes use, but am half tempted to get the LV95 5 blade :)

Man of Honour
Soldato
My Philips one blade is good. Doesn't give smooth skin but allows it to get short enough,then a quick go over with a Mach 3 and I'm smooth as. Plus I get no skin irritation this way,something I've always had especially with a Mach 3.

Permabanned
Electric shavers are for triggered safe spacers.

Real men shave with single blade non sensitive BICs.

Having said that, I am concerned with the environmental costs of billions of BICs being shoved in the trash.

Back
Top Bottom