Electric shavers? Advice please.

Soldato
I have the Braun 9290cc, and a 7 series. The 9 is ace, it really isn't that far off a wet shave. The 7? Not so much. Noisy as hell. I tend to use the 7 when I'm away for the weekend and the like.

Associate
I've had a Braun series 3, 5 and 7.

The 5 was first and really impressed me. The cleaning fluid ate the plastic so it was replaced with a 3, which was fine, then I got the 7 series, expecting it to be amazing.

In my experience they all shave about the same, what you're paying for is a fancier recharging station largely.

They all started out pretty good (the 7 was less impressive do tbf) but as soon as you need to replace the blades it drops to a pretty average shave. Just read the comments online about this.

I alternate between electric and wet shaving and I'm slowly using the electric less and less as the finish is so bad compared with a 'proper' shave.

Man of Honour
In my experience they all shave about the same, what you're paying for is a fancier recharging station largely.

I've gone from a 3 to a 9 and the difference is immeasurable, the wife is getting fed up of me telling her how good it is. I'm touching my face now and it's as smooth as a babys bum but with the 3 I had to go over it with a razor.
The Brother in Law came down to try it and he bought one after being a razor man all his life.

Associate
I've gone from a 3 to a 9 and the difference is immeasurable, the wife is getting fed up of me telling her how good it is. I'm touching my face now and it's as smooth as a babys bum but with the 3 I had to go over it with a razor.

Interesting, how long you had it?

Mine have all slowly declined so that by the time they're 6 months old even a replacement blade won't help them be anything but mediocre (they're not bad right after a shave, but by then of the day I could use my stubble as sandpaper).

Associate
What's your view on the cleaning station?

The same razor without is £109 so interested if you think it's worth the £40 extra?

Man of Honour
People with the Series 9, try a shave in the shower, apply some shave cream/shower gel or whatever applied to your face. The shave is the same, perhaps a bit closer still. But the effect from applying aftershave after is amplified ten-fold :D

The sting is sublime... If you like that sort of thing.

Associate
Picked up a Panasonic ES-LV65-s the other day, mainly after SexyGreyFox's gushing review of the ES-LV95-s. This is the exact same shaver but without the cleaning dock thingimmybob, so a few quid cheaper.

Now I've only used cheap electric shavers in the distant past and didn't stick with them because they were a bit crap.

I can honestly say this gives an almost close as a blade shave. I never knew that was even possible. Next time I'll try it in the shower with a bit shaving soap.

I only need to shave a couple of times a week but this being so quick and easy, I could see myself being clean shaven every day! :)

Man of Honour
Punt;30490590 said:
Picked up a Panasonic ES-LV65-s the other day, mainly after SexyGreyFox's gushing review of the ES-LV95-s. This is the exact same shaver but without the cleaning dock thingimmybob, so a few quid cheaper.

Now I've only used cheap electric shavers in the distant past and didn't stick with them because they were a bit crap.

I can honestly say this gives an almost close as a blade shave. I never knew that was even possible. Next time I'll try it in the shower with a bit shaving soap.

I only need to shave a couple of times a week but this being so quick and easy, I could see myself being clean shaven every day! :)

I told you didn't I, I bet you didn't believe a shaver could get so close?
Normally I could have another shave around 6pmbut I'm still like a baby's bum.
I'm a bit upset I didn't buy your version because I haven't used anything else out of the box :(

Evangelion;30490810 said:
I have a very nice Panasonic ES-ST29 imported from Japan. Best electric shaver I've ever used.

:cool:

T'is just a toy compared to the LV95

Permabanned
I got a Phillips aqua touch for less than half price last year as I didnt mind trying one for that price and Ive been really impressed with it. Its the wet and dry shave version which should have been £100 and I got it for £40. I cant really grow that impressive a beard,even at 40 years of age but it still shaves quite close and I couldnt be bothered to go back to razors now. I plan on getting a better one sometime this year now.

Back
Top Bottom