ElectriQ 34" 2K Quad HD Freesync Curved Gaming Monitor - £219.97

Soldato
im no expert at monitors and even worse at writing things down and explaining. what do you want to know i can try explain that?

Haha me neither... I'm a newbie to the monitor game, wondering if this would be a first good entry as for the price of a £1k screen, I could get this, a graphics card and possibly be halfway towards an oculus rift!

Associate
well i am seeing this as great. i dont see any problems what so ever. maybe touching the bottom of the screen could cause a problem because it gets really hot but i tend not to touch my screen anyway.

it doesnt do 100hz like it says though, mine seems stuck at 60hz and wont overclock from radeon wattman settings. even still its cheaper than any 3440-1440 screen at 60hz.

Associate
So, I managed to overclock this at 100Hz through Nvidia control panel! it even says 100Hz on the screen menu when you access it from the back of the monitor.. If u can't overclock it from radeon settings, download cru and make your own resolution!

Associate
I just bought the monitor from laptopsdirect after reading all the posts here and I'm really happy about it !
It just arrived today, I'm testing it right now but I can't manage to change the refresh rate. I tried with AMD Radeon settings and it says "The custom resolution settings are not compatible with this display. Reconfigure your settings and try again"
So I tried with CRU, and when I apply the new custom refresh rate (100hz) the screen goes black. Same for 75hz. Tried with two different HDMI cables.
Monitor is cool but I would really like to get my +100fps in game :/

Soldato
I just bought the monitor from laptopsdirect after reading all the posts here and I'm really happy about it !
It just arrived today, I'm testing it right now but I can't manage to change the refresh rate. I tried with AMD Radeon settings and it says "The custom resolution settings are not compatible with this display. Reconfigure your settings and try again"
So I tried with CRU, and when I apply the new custom refresh rate (100hz) the screen goes black. Same for 75hz. Tried with two different HDMI cables.

Try a decent displayport cable.

Associate
Looks reasonable value and seems to be a Samsung VA panel. My concern would be lack of any mention of colour accuracy in the PDF and also the reviews of speakers being terrible and also backlight bleed especially at least the side. It’s also limited to 60Hz though mentions an overdrive mode.

Ultimately if you’re prepared to accept a few sacrifices but personally if you don’t need to change now then wait as the new 2018 spec monitors come out then prices will come down.

Finally this will need a beast of a graphics card to drive AAA titles at high quality settings so be careful if you haven’t got at least a 1070+ or better still a 1080.

Stu

Stu

Soldato

There is a reason that they amended the specs to state "Refresh rate: 60Hz"... it's because they can't reliably hold an overclock.

Soldato
I tried again with a DP cable, and it's working ! I can go up to 120Hz ! It might be able to go higher but I don't think it's a good idea to keep going, the bottom of the monitor is already really hot and it's a refurbished one.
But thanks again !
Fantastic! You see a big difference in terms of smoothness?

Associate
I'm coming from a Samsung 60Hz monitor so yes it is way smoother ! Just ran a few games to test it out at 120Hz but every few seconds the screen goes black, so I turned it down to 112Hz and it's working flawlessly now.

Edit :
When I test the fps on testufo.com I don't see any differences between 120fps/60fps, either with chrome or Mozilla.
It kinda makes me question the reality of the 100+ fps, even though I get 112fps in game with V-sync on, I can't say if it's really smoother or not...
I do know how it feels to play with real 120 fps because I had a Acer 3D monitor running at 120hz, but I don't get the same feeling with this monitor.

Last edited:
Associate
So, after literally like 10 days of monitor use, the screen has developed just now a line of ''dead'' pixels in the left corner of the screen. at first i thought this could be due the bottom of the monitor being too hot when it runs so I left it to cool but the line is still there.. I don't know what to do, I have to call laptops direct tomorrow in hopes to send me a replacement! See the images attached
333eopj
213g85d
333eopj.jpg
333eopj.jpg
213g85d.jpg

Associate
I tried a different cable with a different input (HDMI this time since i was using DP) but still the lines are there. I even tried a different monitor to see if the problem is with my pc and not the screen but there are no lines there..... so the problem is with the screen! WHYYYYYY is my screen dying!?

Soldato
Have you tried swapping out cables? Sometimes that can help, also if you have another TV/Monitor try that because it's possible that you have a dodgy GPU although very doubtful.

Soldato
Ok, what you're supposed to do is CALM DOWN, contact laptops direct and arrange for an RMA. Then insist on a replacement, not a repair.
This. It doesn't help anyone using exclamation marks on each sentence. While waiting on Laptopsdirect, if your monitor is overclocked, try returning it to stock settings.

Back
Top Bottom