ElectriQ 34" 2K Quad HD Freesync Curved Gaming Monitor - £219.97

Associate
I noticed this monitor while searching for a new one for my wife. I think she will like fitting 2 excel documents next to each other. I was just wondering if anyone noticed any buzzing sound from the display when the brightness is turned down to 30% or so? Basically I just want to know if dimming is via PWM or DC. PWM dimming tends to create a buzzing sound at low brightness and some people might perceive some flickering, this would be a deal breaker for me.

Associate
I just got this monitor and it seems the built in controls are completely different. They must have updated the firmware. I have no overdrive option and no back lights option and a lot of other controls like response time. dynamic luminescence control. FPS and RTS options. The monitor seems a great bargain so far, i paid £320 for it. There has been some minor flickering during games but think its the DP cable.

MY only gripe is the colours are a bit washed out looking. For example the black bar along the bottom of windows 10 and the start menu look more grey than black and I cant quite seem to make much of a difference with the settings. Any advice?

I have just bee given a loan of a spyder 5 express monitor calibration device, has anybody calibrated this screen yet and and any tips to get the best from it?

Associate
I've got you, here are my settings

backlight 100
brightness 44
contrast 50
sharpness 3
gamma off
temp 6500
colour effect movie
los 2
aspect full
overdrive on
od gain 70
dct off (not sure what it is)

I also use HDMI, DP is too finicky

Associate

backlight 100
brightness 44
contrast 50
sharpness 3
gamma off
temp 6500
colour effect movie
los 2
aspect full
overdrive on
od gain 70

Yes but as i said the firmware seems to have been changed between my monitor and yours. I dont have a backlight option or overdrive. Colour effect has been changed to warm, standard and cool.

Soldato

backlight 100
brightness 44
contrast 50
sharpness 3
gamma off
temp 6500
colour effect movie
los 2
aspect full
overdrive on
od gain 70

respeck - makes it all less wishy washy ;)
tbh its my main driver for work - probably one of the best purchases I've made in a long time and still going strong surprisingly!

I use DP for my main PC (gets a hammering off minecraft - not!) - I did notice the Freesync setting had dissapeared from the drivers though.....
HDMI for work Dell 5285 (or somat)

Back
Top Bottom