Display menu:
Aspect Ratio
DP version

Other menus that i wont go into:
Audio
Multi-window
other

What is DCR for?
The color temperature has 3 options: Normal, Warm and Cool. Which one is 6500k? or how do I find out?
What is Bypass for?
I am surprised about the Response Time option, it has 3 settings low, standard and high. Why have this menu, surly the fastest one is the best? what should i set it to?
what is Uniformity Compensation for?
what is Dynamic Luminous Crontrol?

As you can see no overdrive of obvious way to increase the hz?

I have tried calibrating the monitor using a spyder 5 express. It has'nt made much of a difference but it is tuned to work on 6500k and i am not sure what color temp that is. The standard setting looks a but blue to me.

Associate
I received this monitor today. On first launch, the colours were terrible and I thought the hinge was wonky (before I realised one side of my desk is higher than the other, yay for spirit levels!).

I can confirm any91's report that the OSD seems to have been updated because a lot of the old settings are not listed (especially 'overdrive' so I'm not sure there's a way to set 100Hz anymore).

I'm using DP1.2 with the following settings to get a more true colour profile:
Brightness/Contrast
Brightness: 100
Contract: 50
DCR: Off
NOTE: DCR is the Dynamic Contrast Ratio; setting it to on will make the monitor analyse the signal and set the brightness/contrast/hue/saturation itself. I don't like the results.

Color Setting
Gamma: 2.0
Picture Mode: Standard
Color Temperature: Normal
Low Blue Light: Off
Hue: 50
Saturation: 50

Picture Quality Setting
Bypass: Off
Sharpness: 50
Response Time: Off (was getting really bad ghosting with this even on 'Low')
Uniformity Compensation: Off
Dynamic Luminous Control: Off
FreeSync (Adaptive Sync): Off (I have an Nvidia GTX 970 so I don't think this will do anything per se, though I might be wrong)

Other
LOS: LOS3

I'll keep messing with it to see if there are any better settings.

Associate
I see this is up for £280 again or a Refurb 'grade A2' for £240.

Yep, there's a £10 off code if you sign up for a trial with Which? (costs £1 so technically £9 off!). It's actually a really good monitor I think now that I'm using it. Colour reproduction is almost as good as my 99% srgb LG monitor though I have no tools to quantify it.
Now that all the ghosting is gone, I'm really enjoying it!

Associate
I got one of these very recently and I'm really impressed with the overall quality of the display, though this is coming from a 24" 1080p TN panel...

I've found some settings which I'm happy with - the same as the settings in the above post but with the gamma set to 2.0 and the brightness down to 40. One thing I have noticed is that the front bottom bezel of the display gets very hot, almost to the point where it is painful to touch. I wonder if anyone else experiences this (I would like to overclock the monitor however this heat is putting me off)

One final thing to note is the ports on the monitor. My unit has three HDMI ports and one DisplayPort whereas the product page on Laptops Direct shows only two HDMI ports but also a DVI port. It seems like there is more to this newer version of the monitor than just a firmware update.

Associate
Mine too has 3 HDMI ports and one DP.
The other thing I've noticed is that most people on this thread seem to have turned the brightness down. Mine is only comfortable at 100, and it is still noticably less bright than my second display (LG 29EA93-P).
Maybe some of the panels have different screens?

Associate
That's a possibility. I think it's more likely that there is just a wide variation in the performance of the panel though. The panels are made by Samsung so I reckon the panels are binned with the best going to Samsung for their own monitors (like the CF791), then the next best to Massdrop (the Massdrop Vast has a 100Hz refresh rate compared to the Electriq's 60Hz) and then finally the worst of the sellable panels end up in these monitors. This is pure speculation however and I could well be wrong.

Also, make sure you plug the power cable all the way in (It does take a fair bit of force to actually get the cable seated properly). I was initially experiencing some loss of brightness towards the edges of the display and fiddling about with the power cable improved this a lot. I find it hard to see why this is the case though.

I've contacted Electriq via the form on their website about my issue with the bezel being hot. It'll be interesting to see their reply...

Associate
My monitor has suddenly gone really bright and all the colours are washed out and everything I do seems to no effect. I am unsure if this is a hardware or windows update issue. The picture is still sharp and clear just really bright and photos don't look correct. I have not changed any of the on board settings and have tried everything from changing colour profiles in windows to uninstalling the monitor but nothing works. My second monitor is fine and photos look correct on it. I tried plugging my laptop into the monitor and it seems to display photos correctly which makes me think its a windows issue. But the laptop uses HDMI where as my main pc uses DP so I cant be sure. I am at a loss here ?

Associate
Has anyone RMA one of these? Looks like mine has developed a display port fault as above. Its fine on HDMI but display port is washed out and bright. Tried it with Ubuntu so totally different drivers and still the same. I got mine on debenhamsplus but i think its just re-branded laptops direct. Its been longer than 30 days so looking like an RMA?

Associate
Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting this monitor, all I'm worried is did any of you get one with dead pixels? and is 100Hz still viable? I read that andy91 cannot get the 100Hz anymore since the firmware update!

Associate
I've just ordered one of these. 280 quid. Not had as the one I was looking at is 420 on here and out of stock. So this will do me for a few years until I can power something better. Coming Saturday.

Associate
ultrawide is great. i wont ever go widescreen again over this. my card sort of struggles to power this, i have a rx480 in an itx case so not greatest amount of air but mines has a 240mm radiator for sharing a cpu and the gpu, my other radiator sort of broke and i never sorted it. this resolution doesnt half eat your cooling.

the monitor is great, i see no problems apart from the 100hz, i cant find that. the overclocks in radeon software dont work for refresh rate either. im noticing some flickering but it seems to be when im in WoW and around other flickering effects. downloading another game to see if its there. it isnt permanent flickering so it could be effects in the game and a combination of the size of the monitor sending my eyes out. i used the settings seen in this thread, they are pretty much perfect for me.

and yes the bottom border of the screen gets very hot, if finger left on it for more than 2 seconds it is painful.

Associate
well it seems the screen flicker was because of freesync. turned it off and now i have no flicker. freesync is awesome (bar the flicker) i miss it already...

Soldato
Is there a black version of this monitor or alternatives around same price range?

Would this monitor work with a macbook pro and a blade shadow subscription ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom