ELEX - Anyone interested ??

Soldato

Saw this game being mentioned on another forum and it looks pretty interesting. Here is a bit info from the wiki about it.

ELEX (Eclectic, Lavish, Exhilarating, Xenial) is an upcoming science fantasy themed action role-playing video game developed by Piranha Bytes and published by THQ Nordic for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows.[2] The publisher has described the game as "edgy, dark, uncompromising, and complex",[3] and it was featured as a cover story in the German magazine GameStar.[4] Players join the war for a powerful resource, "ELEX", which gives people great magic-like powers, and is a factor in deciding whether emotion and humaneness or cold synthetic logic will rule the world of Magalan. The game world will be a mix of futuristic and medieval locations, in which players can use guns, swords and magic against enemies. It is full of original characters and mutated creatures.[5] The game will also feature a jet pack which can be used for the exploration of the game's environment.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELEX

It is 10% discount on both GOG and Steam, although not being released until the 17th of October and at 45 Euro so personally I be ewaiting but it does look interesting. Bit like a modernized Skyrim, if looking at the 2nd trailer. :p

Added some videos from other posters and other useful information, hopefully ! :p

Here is CoohCarnage views on the game after having played it for aruond 8 hours. It is actually made in the middle of his play through stream.

Also, if you need to find certain items/NPC's here is two useful maps I found.

ELEX Wolrd Map | Magalan Map - This map is divided into sections as you'll see, also lists quests from NPC's.

Elex World Map / Magalan - this one is rather useful, if you looking for a specific item or NPC, then just click on the marker next to the item/NPC and it shows on the map.

A few more useful tips that I discovered, but putting them in spoiler incase you want to find out yourself.

When you coming to Goliet, there is a trader called Alrik there, he also a Crafting Trainer. He has a pair of sunglasses that he sells, their descriptions is **Temporarily makes living things easier to see.** (people and animals, not mutants though) and plants. If you want to be a honest person (or buy them for 2500 Elexit :eek: :p ), you can find them out in the wilderness as well, but if you want to be sneaky you can do this:

Pick the Pickpocket Skill (From Alrik actually. :p ), then sleep to midnight, walk back to his house and then sneak in, carefully. He sleeping just around the corner from the door. Then pick pocket him of the glasses. I found them very helpful since you see animals and humans before you enter their attack range, most of the time.

In regards to the pickpocket skill, later there is some quests that actually require it anyway, if you want to do all quests in the game that is.
____

Before doing to much exploring, return to the place where you first started, take the lift back up (it didn't work for me straight after I got the jet pack but did once I returned later). Then use the jet pack and go up on the top floor and pick all the loot there. Also, if you walk back to where you found the broken drone, walk past the fence to the left and jump up a couple walls. Their is a low level monster there so be a fight, then pick up the amulet, which gives you Lockpicking +1 and Armor +5. (Might want to wait a couple levels though, or if you find a companion, since the damage one doing at start is pretty poor.)
____

Also, jump down into the Pit once you find out about it. There is a pretty good tool down there to be used to mine stuff with.

Some tips I can remember from my playthrough:

If you stand outside the Domed City and look north, you'll see a broken wind turbine. If you jetpack up the platforms to the very top, you can find some sunglasses that highlight items in the world.. IMO, these are far more useful than the ones that highlight enemies.

Adding a screen shoot of the sunglass location to make it a bit easier.

7D9myp4.png

On top of the North Abessa converter you can find The Redeemer. This is the best plasma rifle in the game (requires 65 int and dex). It's so OP it actually feels a bit broken. You can stunlock almost anything with the splash damage setting (but note that on this rifle at present the ammo icons are bugged, so the EMP blast is actually the splash damage setting, and vice versa)

The ending is dependent on your cold level. You need <20 cold for the "good" ending, 20-60 (I think) for the "fairly good" ending, and higher will lock you into the "bad" ending. But there are so many emotional dialogue options you should have no trouble staying emotional even if you chug down elex drinks. Remember that "cold" does not equal "evil", though - it means logical and unemotional. Some "emotional" choices are ostensibly quite "evil" (such as threatening someone or expressing an angry reaction in general).

If you care about the Domed City not being destroyed by the albs, make sure to side with the clerics and beserkers. If you side with the outlaws and separatists in the weapon and forcefield quests (possibly a few others too) the albs will destory the city.

Last edited:
Soldato
Started this today.
1. Would Magalan not have Magalan quakes rather than earth quakes.
2. What happens to Dursas' axe, all of a sudden he only uses a sword.
3. Really feels like its Gothic and Risen legacy.
Andi.

Man of Honour
I am interested in it, but I just cant make my mind up on the game. I've watched a lot of videos of it over the last 2 weeks and I think its got potential, then I see something that I think is great, then I see something that I think is terrible. Might well be a very marmite title. Cohh will be streaming it when he completes South Park 2 so I'm waiting to watch his stream of Elex before making a decision on whether to buy.

Permabanned
I have it in my library from a pre-order but playing The Evil Within 2 at the moment and then hope I can get interested in Shadow of War 1st. Really enjoyed Shadow of Mordor but the follow up felt a bit 'meh' after a few hours.

One off putting thing about Elex, which I hope they will have fixed before I play is the lack of key rebinding. Seems you have to edit an ini file and not all keys are rebindable. I don't need the best graphics but I hope that the combat is at least better than Skyrim's. Looks as though the game in general has some depth to it. Looking forward to this one.

Last edited:
Associate
I have been playing a little, not grabbing my attention though. I can see it has a pretty massive open world with lots to do, but the interface, graphics/animation and sound are pretty cack, maybe this is supposed to part of the charm for these gothic style games. I'll plod on though for now.

Soldato
OP
I am interested in it, but I just cant make my mind up on the game. I've watched a lot of videos of it over the last 2 weeks and I think its got potential, then I see something that I think is great, then I see something that I think is terrible. Might well be a very marmite title. Cohh will be streaming it when he completes South Park 2 so I'm waiting to watch his stream of Elex before making a decision on whether to buy.
Thanks for that tidbit, I be keeping an eye on his videos and have a look as well once Cohh played it and see if I be buying it as well or not. :cool:

Man of Honour
Thanks for that tidbit, I be keeping an eye on his videos and have a look as well once Cohh played it and see if I be buying it as well or not. :cool:

Cohh just completed South Park 2 and is beginning his Elex stream in 1 hour 40 mins, I'll watch it for the first couple of hours to see if its a title for me :)

Soldato
Amazing theres been no hype about this game, not much marketing and seems like it could be a little gem?

I will wait however until it's in the bargain bin to have a go but nice to see this game isn't trying to be something it isn't

Back
Top Bottom