Poll: Emilia Romagna Grand Prix 2022, Imola - Race 4

Rate the Emilia Romagna grand prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I say ashamed because I would expect the team to be capable of getting it right, in engineering offices especially ones that have high manpower levels and resources the culture of individual careers can become dominant at the expense of saying it the way it is. McLaren ended up in this state until Zak Brown took charge, too corporate.

Ferrari were just being Italian for a few years and somehow have got their act together (which is hugely impressive), I can never see RB falling into that trap as long as they have Adrian Newey.

I still believe that Merc have a quick car hiding away but until they can sort the porpoising out they'll never release any potential, having to run the car higher to offset it must be a massive loss in performance in all area's.

I still believe that Merc have a quick car hiding away but until they can sort the porpoising out they'll never release any potential, having to run the car higher to offset it must be a massive loss in performance in all area's.
Even then, its still bouncing badly and someway in to the corner... they really need to fix this otherwise they'll languish near the back of the field.

So we know why the Ferrari seemingly dropped off so quickly? Looked like an easy catch and pass in the end for MV. That and Perez’s drs passes looked ridiculously easy. If they have a full race to do that perhaps it’ll be RBS Sunday. If it is, never mind I’m out this afternoon and will miss it :p

Not sure how I feel about sprint races. Extra racing is always welcome. However I feel it detracts from the main event, and in this race it has robbed us of a better starting grid. It has just given Red Bull and Ferrari the opportunity regroup and get their 2nd drivers back to the front, before the race even starts.

The DRS train in the middle was a bit tedious as well.

I think they could work, but I'm not sure the result should be the grid for Sunday.

So we know why the Ferrari seemingly dropped off so quickly? Looked like an easy catch and pass in the end for MV. That and Perez’s drs passes looked ridiculously easy. If they have a full race to do that perhaps it’ll be RBS Sunday. If it is, never mind I’m out this afternoon and will miss it :p

Also DRS is worth 0.5s a lap around here. At least that is what I consistently saw from the live timings during the race

F3 race was brilliant. One of the best I've seen recently. Shame it was on at a ridiculous time. I highly recommend catching up with it if you can.

Chances of rain during the race are low but with rain expected mid afternoon, could be a damp start.
There's a big band of rain to west but it looks like it might just creep north of the circuit.

trackweather.live | Imola

F3 race was brilliant. One of the best I've seen recently. Shame it was on at a ridiculous time. I highly recommend catching up with it if you can.

There's a big band of rain to west but it looks like it might just creep north of the circuit.

trackweather.live | Imola

Eugh, I've only just got to the circuit so missed it! Just caught the end of the f2 race. Wind has suddenly picked up and it's looking very gloomy over our heads right now. Big band of rain due to hit in approx an hour's time it looks like.

I'm not keen on sprints.
Its too short to enjoy.
And it kind of tells you a lot about how Sunday is likely to go.

Now I feel we are looking at an Rbr one two.
DRS is overkill here.
I also feel the team I support, alpine, are going to have a dire day. Ocon got nowhere. Alonso went backwards.

All these are things taken away from the main event by the sprint. I like more racing. But not sure on sprints. Im not sure I'm keen on so many points And keeping your finishing position.
I'd rather something like a reverse grid to quali, low points and back to quali positions for full race.
Or just anything where the sprint doesn't compound with the real race. It's really just pre loaded and removed a lot of the action you'd get in the main event.
Perez has made up his places already. He's done most of the repair work.

Personally I think this is going to be a boring one. Or at least predictable due to sprint.

Appears like its forecast for heavy rain all afternoon too:D
Wasnt going to bother watching but I might now, things could get interesting, I'll check back before the start to see what the conditions are like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom