Poll: Emilia Romagna Grand Prix 2022, Imola - Race 4

Rate the Emilia Romagna grand prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else had a slight issue with F1TV?

I'm getting over 500Mb/s and latency of 12ms, but F1 TV kind of stutters pauses for a split second every so often. Happened yesterday too.
Nope. I only have 35mbps and even air playing the feed to my TV, it was rock solid.

Was throwing a hissy fit in qualifying yesterday though. Refused to AirPlay to the TV, so had to watch on the iPad.

Don’t know about you but I prefer the alternate commentary. Crofty’s shouting at every overtake is grating and when Brundle isn’t on the broadcast, I don’t mind skipping it.

On topic: the RB advantage with DRS is crazy here. I expect that they’ll win comfortably unless Ferrari can pull a large enough gap to avoid an undercut.

Merc need to bring a revision B. Seeing both cars finishing behind the Haas and struggling to beat the Alpha Tauri… embarrassing.

I don’t get what these sprints add.

Quite. Not only that but a lot of the interest has been robbed from the actual race since Pérez and Sainz have shuffled themselves into the positions they should have been after Quali. Sky Germany didn't even bother showing it in UHD.

Hoping for some rain tomorrow, otherwise I think this whole weekend is going to be a bit "meh"

Nothing.

Not one single thing. But TPTB can't admit that, because that would be admitting that sprint races were a stupid idea and never had any place in the sport.
You had your chance last year to voice your opinion in the FIA survey but most who did bother to take part supported sprint races.
I actually thought this one was good and very entertaining..

You had your chance last year to voice your opinion in the FIA survey

And I indeed took that chance, knowing full well that even if everyone said 'we hate this' about them it still wouldn't change anything.

but most who did bother to take part supported sprint races.

Well, how about that. Once again I'm out of step with F1 fandom. I am indeed distraught.

Or can barely contain my indifference. It's one of the two anyway ;)

I mean...it'd do well to be less entertaining than the previous attempts, that's for sure.

You had your chance last year to voice your opinion in the FIA survey but most who did bother to take part supported sprint races.

As if they’ve ever actually listened to fans. Equally the top voted tracks have slowly made way for trash.

I saw a photo of the underside of Saint’s Ferrari earlier as it was being craned onto a truck. Not going to lie, I was expecting it to be really complex looking but instead it looked pretty basic.

Man, really embarrassing for Mercedes. The car genuinely looks like its on the lower end of the midfield this weekend. Mclaren, Alpine, Haas and Alfa look decently faster than the Merc here.

Coming into this weekend, Merc are 2nd in the standings with the 3rd best car. Not up to their high standards, but hardly shameful. If that's shameful what words do you keep for Ferrari's 6th place in 2020?
Also shameful of course.
Merc are not on the same level as rb and Ferrari, for a team such as them that is unacceptable and shows a clear lack of technical organisation capability. Toto and others became arrogant something you can never afford to be in f1. If they don't get a real grip soon, it will lead to a serious decline. In fact I'd go so far as to say they will struggle until the next major rule change.
All the other teams are irrelevant,

Just to add, it sounds like the side pods are the problem and they like everyone else can't model unsteady flow with any degree of confidence. People have been trying for decades. If that is the case you design a robust package which they just haven't done, god knows what AM have done as they look to have a stable structure. Maybe the drive train is rubbish too.
Either way, it's just engineering, I always use the acronym KISS,
From Lewis's comments they've done enough analysis to know the current package cannot be made to work.

Last edited:
I'm not sure Merc should be "ashamed" at the end of the day a time was going to come where Mercedes were not the top team - and if it was going to happen it was going to take a major tech change like we've seen this year.

I suppose its hard to understand how a team like Haas, even having spent 2021 focusing on the 22 car managed to develop a more consistent car than Merc with all their resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom