Energy drinks...

Soldato
lucozade is what i drink when im going for a 40 mile bike ride.

it works well for me . sugar > caffeine

the apple lucodaze is probably the best drink i have ever experienced.

it has to be served very cold though.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Nitefly said:
I fail to see the relevent part of this which is neuroscience, but Ok.

Haha, sorry, caffeine a psychoactive stimulant... and you fail to see the relevance?!

LMAO.

Monkey Puzzle said:
Bah, I have a degree in neuroscience.

In which case you'll find the above comment as hilarious as I just did ;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Kol said:
Haha, sorry, caffeine a psychoactive stimulant... and you fail to see the relevance?!

LMAO.
It inhibits an active element of the endocrine system, its effect on the nervous system in this conversation is completely irrelevent. I'm sorry if you find that amusing.

Soldato
It inhibits an active element of the endocrine system, its effect on the nervous system in this conversation is completely irrelevent. I'm sorry if you find that amusing.
- I thought the OP said that he was run-down and tired????

/shrugs/ Anyhoo, Im off to bed.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I'm sufferring from sleep deprivation. I understand what you're saying, however. The part of your post where you didn't see the relevance was amusing as naturally that is where it is active, amongst the metabolic processes it also posesses.

It's primary action is on the CNS, that's all I was trying to put forward... ;)

Man of Honour
gurusan said:
Yet caffeine has neurological effects, no?
Yes.

But that has nothing to do with (or relatively nothing to do with) providing you energy as questioned by the OP.

However, I confess I have overlooked the effect on the brain because I saw energy and I got excited thinking about my G proteins. So yes, I confess I was partially wrong with my statement :)

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Nitefly said:
Yes.

But that has nothing to do with (or relatively nothing to do with) providing you energy as questioned by the OP.

However, I confess I have overlooked the effect on the brain because I saw energy and I got excited thinking about my G proteins. So yes, I confess I was partially wrong with my statement :)

Likewise. No hard feelings.

Soldato
I am a shiftworker and work 12 hour shifts, 4 on, 4 off. (4 days, 4 off, 4 nights, 4 off). Sometimes at around 3am you need something to try and wake yourself up. Through the night, you really dont want to eat. Just sleep. Anyone else who works in an engineering factory would know this effect too. A couple of cans of diet redbull (Just for the stimulants, not the sugar) as an emergency supply is a smart move. I am quite active at work, so it makes it worse. The problem is when you start to make silly mistakes, and caffeine does help.

Out of a 24hour day, i work 12 hours, travelling to and from work takes about 1.5 hours, i sleep around 7 hours. and get up roughly an hour before work. That leaves around 3 hours to unwind after work, make food, housework etc. Not including any shopping etc. that needs doing. You office workers have it easy. Trust me.

24p a can of Blue charge (Red bull Asda style).

Soldato
I love the taste of chilled red bull however It just makes me feel crap and I actually feel tired after drinking it. So I don't.

I went to a massive lan in Manchester some months back, drank around 12 red bull's as they were 50p each. I had never felt so ill in my life :(

Back
Top Bottom