Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

I don't know why other energy companies don't follow EonNext with the government support... They reduce your normal DD by the amount directly rather than charging you then refunding it.
Octopus did that but I put it back up to £150 anyway so essentially it's £216 going to my bills. Perhaps I shouldn't have.

I don't know why other energy companies don't follow EonNext with the government support... They reduce your normal DD by the amount directly rather than charging you then refunding it.
Maybe because not everyone pays like that?
I think octopus have it the right way it's just another payment that gets credited to your account. It's just a bit later this month.

Those costs have got to be unsustainable for a large proportion of the population. Jesus.

Agreed. I can just about afford my current energy rates, but it is the principle as we now pay 3x of before and have nothing to show for it.

Although the Russia-Ukraine war doesn't help, it was already a problem before then, coinciding with Greta's echo chamber that was COP26. My parents' energy firm (Avro) went bust around then too, getting obsorbed by Octopus - happening before the war too.

Except I haven't had mine for this month. October and November, December payments were fine but January's hasnt materialsied.

Plus the Eon app isn't giving me a daily usage like I was before and for some reason my electric bills have suddenly doubled since last week :(

Last edited:
Mine neither but I'm not stressing about it. I appreciate it's January and it can take a few days after the bank holidays for things to sort out.

It'll come *shrug*

Indeed, mine was on the 1st typically but eventually landed on the 3rd.

No doubt some excused with backlogs and bank holidays etc.

Back
Top Bottom