Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

28th Nov 2022
28th Dec 2022
Energy Used (Day) 185.3 kWh @ 39.24p/kWh £72.72

28th Nov 2022
28th Dec 2022
Energy Used (Night) 388.5 kWh @ 22.82p/kWh £88.64

The only thing I use is a Computer, sometimes Hot Water for a Bath, Oven on for 25mins for Dinner, 3 Storage Heaters just of a weekend ( bedroom is off as is one storage in the living room ), and sometimes a TV or small oil filled rad in the week.

The storage heaters are a killer, I turned on two of them checked my electric in the morning £8-11 was used. All 1970's and the council are supposed to be ripping them out, three years later :/

No gas in this property

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many Octopus energy saving sessions there has been?

We have done five, I see there is one tomorrow 9am-10am but its been a while since we have done one so not sure if we've missed any

Hasn't been one since a couple of weeks before xmas
Energy usage drops then, plenty of industries shut down / scale down, and since then wind has been blowing a hoolie

Now the weather has settled a bit wind is back down to more normal levels we may see some sessions.

Yep and they are off now, while I sit here watching my TV as I shiver seeing my breath
If you are on your own and not heating the house for the family, get an electric blanket. Will cost pence to run per hour and will keep you nice and warm. Game changer for real.

Well yes, when they're just sitting doing nothing. Unfortunately, the world is in a real bad place right now and theft is likely to explode giving those said electric fences a good workout.

They are extremely low amperage, like 100 milliamps or so, they are not only on when they shock something, they are a constant electrification of the fence, the energizer pulses at a set rate (roughly 1s) so the power use is constant, it doesn't fluctuate. A typical setup with ~25km of fencing may use at most 6 watts. Many farmers will just have the energizer powered by 12v car battery, these often last for years at a time.

Last edited:
I love the way they're selling this halving inflation.
5% inflation by December 2023 means prices 5% higher than December 2022 which means prices about 16-17% higher than December 2021.

All while telling you that you need to accept a less than inflation pay rise (About a third if you're public sector) and to focus on your pay rise next year that'll probably be less than inflation.

How are people not nailing politicians to the wall with this...
The high inflationary period is just a wealth grab. The system has been reset and the 99.9% have just received a lowering of living standards in one fell swoop. There's likely to be another such event in the not too distant future and so it falls. It's called punishment for being a subserviant pleb.

28th Nov 2022
28th Dec 2022
Energy Used (Day) 185.3 kWh @ 39.24p/kWh £72.72

28th Nov 2022
28th Dec 2022
Energy Used (Night) 388.5 kWh @ 22.82p/kWh £88.64

The only thing I use is a Computer, sometimes Hot Water for a Bath, Oven on for 25mins for Dinner, 3 Storage Heaters just of a weekend ( bedroom is off as is one storage in the living room ), and sometimes a TV or small oil filled rad in the week.

The storage heaters are a killer, I turned on two of them checked my electric in the morning £8-11 was used. All 1970's and the council are supposed to be ripping them out, three years later :/

No gas in this property
I feel your pain I have electric heaters non storage and used 500 day 300 night

I do work from home a smashed the heating in December 216 pound later it would have been 270 without the help

Just read the meters.

This month we used 150kW less electricity than the same period last year and 400kW less gas than the same period last year.

Our bill will be about £325. If we'd used the same amount a year ago, it would have been £124.

Until reading this article while very asleep this morning, I had no idea that Economy 7 (which we have), doesn't fall under the governement price cap. :eek:

Will have to compare renewal prices between staying on E7 or switching to standard rate when our two year deal ends in May.

I like the way that on the Shell Energy website it says that the bill will go up in October when the price cap changes, yet we're being told that wholesale prices are coming down...

I like the way that on the Shell Energy website it says that the bill will go up in October when the price cap changes, yet we're being told that wholesale prices are coming down...

Is it not because these guys buy a year ahead? So prices dropping now will reflect in a year's time?

Is it not because these guys buy a year ahead? So prices dropping now will reflect in a year's time?
Isnt the price cap 3 monthly now? So that should mean the October price cap will be based on wholesale prices from July, August and September. So I think the price cap should be coming down? Im not sure what specific index is used though for the price cap.

Back
Top Bottom