Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

That sounds wrong
If you signed up for all 5 that have been rewarded you should have 4 bonuses right now, I've only got 3 as well and Octopus are looking into it

They are probably just behind and will catch up at some point

Counting todays session, that makes a total of 7 sessions completed.

Always planed on donating my points to whatever cause they offer at the end, if any.

Last edited:
Last edited:
You’re doing it wrong, lots of people are gaming the system by significantly increasing their usage for 4hr before. As the in day adjustment is significant.

As my last months Christmas electric usage bill, my biggest month of every year.

Came to £9.99p I think gaming the system is a bit over the top for me. (no standing charge cost included in that)

Battery's and small solar array cover most of our use.

They came back to me to say its included in my session points, I cant confirm or deny obviously.
Cant be included in your 8 though ;)

To be honest the amount of extra workload placed on the staff, I'm surprised the system hasn't imploded.

For the six sessions that they show as completed on the dashboard, this is where my points stand, wrong yes, but it might catch up lol!.

IFRLFCul.jpg

Managed to miss out on any points last Thursday morning. Usually work from the office so very little happeneing then but instead I worked from home. Based on average I probably used a fair amount.

so the Octopus app / account data does not provide enough data to validate their saving points calculation (smart meter/ihd)
extra workload - I don't think they employ a group of workers to calculate saving using hand calculators

Lots of numbers but you're completely ignoring the fact that in the real world it'll be emitting way more than 120g/km and that you don't just stick a straw in the ground to fill your car up - lots of energy goes in to extracting, transporting and refining crude oil!
Indeed and later I did point out I'm actually around 135g/km and thats a bad desiel. The 120g/km is certainly possible depending on vehicle.

And yes I also didn't add the requirement for rare earth metals for the current battery tech etc. It only a principle to show that it isn't just straight up cut and dry simple as people state EV=best solution.

Back
Top Bottom