Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

5.95p/kWh today on Octopus gas tracker, getting close to half price.

Be interesting to see what happens to the price cap later in the year as wholesale prices seem to be dropping.
currently its at 2.5k.....April its rising to 3k, then in June/July it supposed to drop to 2.2k. But lets see what happens.
Martin Lewis has written to the gov to scrap the april rise, as its no longer needed and will push more people into fuel poverty

currently its at 2.5k.....April its rising to 3k, then in June/July it supposed to drop to 2.2k. But lets see what happens.
Martin Lewis has written to the gov to scrap the april rise, as its no longer needed and will push more people into fuel poverty
Cap is meant to be the max. Not the actual price.

cap is the average cost...not the max cost
It literally is the maximum and supplier can charge. The lack of competition and the fact the costs were higher than the cap meant that all suppliers charged the cap !

The ‘average cost’ is the average consumption versus the unit cost.

This cap has been in place years ( didn’t labour bring it in ?)to protect people who never changed suppliers and just sat on the going rate. It’s nothing new in recent times

Last edited:
Reactions: fez
5.95p/kWh today on Octopus gas tracker, getting close to half price.

Be interesting to see what happens to the price cap later in the year as wholesale prices seem to be dropping.

Yeah, best thing I have done in ages money saving wise. Currently at 6p gas and 22.5p electricity. Thats 40% off gas and about 30% off electricity. Including the £50 referral I am probably going to see my energy bill nearly halved this month.

It literally is the maximum and supplier can charge. The lack of competition and the fact the costs were higher than the cap meant that all suppliers charged the cap !

The ‘average cost’ is the average consumption versus the unit cost.

This cap has been in place years ( didn’t labour bring it in ?)to protect people who never changed suppliers and just sat on the going rate. It’s nothing new in recent times
i didnt state unit cost, i stated average bill cost.......yes the unit cost is the max, barring regional changes

Based on the cap the average bill rise as gone from £1225 to £2500....will rise to £3k and then back down to £2.2k

Unit cost will be around 33p ( current) 45p ( april) and then around 26p in June/July......

cap is the average cost...not the max cost
The Cap is the max cost that can be charged per unit

It's calculated using the average wholesale price from previous months

i didnt state unit cost, i stated average bill cost.......yes the unit cost is the max, barring regional changes
The Cap impact cost to customers, is often quoted using average use data

Last edited:

Based on the cap the average bill rise as gone from £1225 to £2500....will rise to £3k and then back down to £2.2k

Unit cost will be around 33p ( current) 45p ( april) and then around 26p in June/July......
Average bill is just average consumption. So that’s fixed and the unit cost is what drives it.

Learn how to use an ellipsis properly too.

They are very frustrating to read and if I understand them as you have used they infer something, that is you not bothering finishing your sentences

Last edited:

EDF UK profit soared to £1.12bn in 2022.

EDF UK has 5.22 million customers, that worked out £214 per customer.

Sure :cry:

Also....

EDF' UK consumer energy supplier lost more than £200m in the year.
EDF blamed the cost of buying energy for residential customers which was higher than the prices set under the energy price cap.

Back
Top Bottom