Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Seeing the trackers getting quite low is a good outlook for the fixed rates in future.

Indeed, we know that many of the big boys will have a lot of forward purchased gas, but its certainly creating some hope.

I am sure the start of summer will drop / match trackers right now for people on variable.
The risk will come mid/late summer if Ukraine war is still ongoing and the storage in Europe is not well filled, not necessarily full but going up at a decent rate.

At this rate I can see exiting my current fix for a new one.

If elec is low 20s and gas 5-6 that's a shade higher than my fix. And talking tiny amount.

But I guess due to potential volatility it will be a while before a long term fix appears.

At this rate I can see exiting my current fix for a new one.

If elec is low 20s and gas 5-6 that's a shade higher than my fix. And talking tiny amount.

But I guess due to potential volatility it will be a while before a long term fix appears.

Fixes aren't really viable right now.
And I suspect they wont be for another winter unless Ukraine is resolved.

Reactions: TNA
Finally. I had enough paying extra because I did not fix when you said back then. Hopefully it gets cheaper before you exit so I can make some money back to catch up :cry:

From what I hear (not sure about it) there's a queue to get on these tracker type plans isn't there?

how is there a waiting list?? they already supply the energy, surely they cant restrict customers to tariffs
I don’t work for octopus. If you read this thread you will see they are only allowing 50 people a day to join. However why don’t you ask them to join and find out

Seeing the trackers getting quite low is a good outlook for the fixed rates in future.
maybe... but OTOH unless the reasons which caused the balloon over this winter are somewhat mitigated, then it will simply happen again next winter.

i am not sure about the french nuclear downtime or the interconnects......

but as i understand it, we still dont have a huge amount of energy storage, and the new wind for the next 12 months is unlikely to be massive, and its not like solar does much in winter.

until our new nuclear is online i fear a few difficult winters over the next few years. happy to be wrong however.

Not sure how long it will take to pay of the debt incurred by the sometimes very poorly run companies which went under. (more proof that privatisation does not work for essential services, as the taxpayer still gets the stick when it all goes wrong).

Last edited:
Just signed up to Octopus, probably on their SVR tariff - I don't care what it is atm just need to get away from the god awful EDF (and off the current business tariff we're on and back to domestic!)

BTW, is there a way if I can tell if I've got a SMETS1 or 2 meter?

from google
A way to be definitive is to look at your electricity meter. If the serial number of the meter starts with “19P” then it's a first generation smart meter. If it starts with “19M” it's a second generation smart meter.

If you have a first generation smart meter, known as 'SMETS1', you'll have a keypad on your meter. If you have a second generation smart meter, known as 'SMETS2', you'll have A and B buttons.

I don’t work for octopus. If you read this thread you will see they are only allowing 50 people a day to join. However why don’t you ask them to join and find out
i just spoke to octopus and the tracker is electric and gas ......i dont want the electric tracker, as i want to be on the flux tariff when it connects in around 3wks time.

Current tracker waiting list is now over 6mths

Serial number starts with 18L, but it does have an A & B button, so looks like a SMETS2

Hopefully octopus can connect to it, as EDF couldn't and have been trying to get an engineer call out from them since July last year

Back
Top Bottom