Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Nice to see the pricks are fiddling their meter readings. **** the rest of you, I only care about myself eh. Thank christ the whole world isn't like these people.

Working out my monthly;
  • From April till September based on past 12 month usage then I will be at £192.20 a month for Gas and Electric
  • From October to March based on past 12 months I will then be at £247.94 a month for Gas and Electric which is assuming the 29% October increase that has been touted at moment.
That averages out at £220.07 a month for 12 months on variable. My fixed offer is £238 a month so better off even with the October rate increase. To note with that my usage is actually pretty similar between summer and winter months but if you are at 10% higher usage then it would actually work best even on the stupidly high fixed price probably.

You mean better off on the variable I assume?

Nice to see the pricks are fiddling their meter readings. **** the rest of you, I only care about myself eh. Thank christ the whole world isn't like these people.

Most bills are based on estimated readings (supplier based) no one is sending out monthly people for reading meters anymore so how accurate are the actual readings. Never submitted mine until this year (EDF)

Well only one person here stated right? But yeah, just daft. To give an idea I was using about 7-10 units a week in gas someone giving 500 unit extra reading is an extra 50 weeks or almost a year of my weekly meter readings I did over winter months.

Most bills are based on estimated readings (supplier based) no one is sending out monthly people for reading meters anymore so how accurate are the actual readings. Never submitted mine until this year (EDF)

I have had smart meter for electric since the house was built and been doing monthly gas readings for two year and during the three month period with Octopus when they ran their winter competition stuff was doing it weekly.

No, it's quite easy. Hagar was talking about the Fuel Duty cut not being passed on and companies pocketing the difference, you were the one who then equated that to the same scenario as an Income Tax cut and companies pocketing the difference, when they are not comparable situations at all as it doesn't work the same wiith Income Tax as it does with Fuel Duty, as I've explained.

They are comparable if you have a basic understanding of economics, duty cuts are not just pocketed. Big government ideologues are always arguing against every tax cut on the basis that retailers or employers will just pocket it.

Is there a decent web page that shows how much electrical devices consume eg TVs & PCs in standby?
I've just read that a TV can cost up to £3 a year in standby mode which doesn't sound a lot.

The devices are so variable depending on configuration that you can't really have a table that fits all.

I recently used a watt meter to measure and my TV was using 0.7W (negligible) and PC was using 5W, the surprise was my ups which was using 15W! So UPS/PC is now turned off at the wall which saves £50 a year! Router was using 7W when on so I turn it off at night now.

Okay for the big energy companies to fiddle the direct debits and make people over pay though right?

we're looking at Solar on the roof with a battery.

Unfortunately, its expensive.

Around 12k to get enough panels with a 5Kwh battery.

It may only charge 4Kwh during the sunny periods of the day (on avg)...

We use around 7-12Kwh per day based on our current usage.

Nor is it practical... would take over 12 years to pay back its cost in the savings.

If the price of leccy keeps increasing then it significantly reduces the time to pay back.
We'll be getting solar when we move house (no point on this one as we know we are moving) but not sure about batteries - we are in the house all day so sizing the system so we use most of the electric and then minimise usage after dark might be better for us.

No, we definitely shouldn't be trying to save a few quid from the multi-billion dollar international conglomerates who never have and never will ever try a fast one on us consumers, they're all so perfectly honest and legit.

Sounds like you're jelly you didn't think of saving a few £££

It will make absolutely zero difference to you.

They still make obscene profits.

Is there a decent web page that shows how much electrical devices consume eg TVs & PCs in standby?
values the government analysis used - I linked earlier - personally haven't metered the upright freezer and fridge-freezer yet,
the fridge-freezer is inbuilt an probably has too much dust on the evaporator coils & no air flow - stupid idea

51889466834_2738f9a80a_c_d.jpg

Working out my monthly;
  • From April till September based on past 12 month usage then I will be at £192.20 a month for Gas and Electric
  • From October to March based on past 12 months I will then be at £247.94 a month for Gas and Electric which is assuming the 29% October increase that has been touted at moment.
will probably be an update in January if the 3 month 'out for comment' gets pushed through, DE emergency planning for cut-off gas flow are obviously ominous.

Well national grid gas tea just got purchased by what can only be said to be a parasitical company....

So expect prices for gas and electricity to increase as they try and make as much profit as possible whilst filling the company with debt.

You see if we had been clever we could have given a ridiculously high reading when prices were cheap and paid for it all upfront, just have to wait for your actual meter to catch up with your virtual one,

Actually that probably wouldn't work, weird

Back
Top Bottom