Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Just dumped my Octopus Go fix in favour of Agile Octopus. Been tracking this for a while, and the price just keeps going down. I reckon there's about a £20/month saving in it now.

Hopefully by the end of summer there are some decent fixed deals.

My DD (same amount each month) is spot on.

I'm currently 110 in debt and paying 110 each month. Have been since summer last year. My suggested DD is 114. So actually, myself and the provider are in agreement and the amount is sensible.

Probably will hit 0 over summer.

IMO fixed is better. But some providers seem to have had huge problems predicting annual bills this Winter.

I moved to variable DD after Octopus insisted that I should be paying £446/month after the government grant ran out. My largest Winter bill was £416. My last bill with the government grant was £246 (before deducting the grant) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
IMO fixed is better. But some providers seem to have had huge problems predicting annual bills this Winter.

I moved to variable DD after Octopus insisted that I should be paying £446/month after the government grant ran out. My largest Winter bill was £416. My last bill with the government grant was £246 (before deducting the grant) :rolleyes:

Its probably only because ice had my fix long enough. At the start it started at 80 then was at 150. I built up loads of credit.

Was only when I asked for it back did it feel like the system "reset" and a sensible figure emerged.

our DD is currently £70 and we have a buffer of just over £300 on our account.
for now i expect that buffer to rise significantly.......... but an EV will put a dent in it quite quickly.... and even if not, our use will go up a lot once we get to winter.

with current no heatng/low gas use, it's the standing charge that's significant for variable price products

Talk, today, of potential russian sabotage of subsea pipelines, may scare futures market.

I just realised something when looking back at Octopus Compare data...

A year ago, I was on Agile. Since then, I've bounced between tariffs, trying to get the best deal. Turns out that I've saved a huge £8 over the year vs just staying on Agile :cry:

A year ago, I was on Agile. Since then, I've bounced between tariffs, trying to get the best deal. Turns out that I've saved a huge £8 over the year vs just staying on Agile :cry:

That's why I'm just sticking with my fix. Not worth chasing a few pounds here and there

Russian energy threat https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...t-russia-putin-ships-site-explosion-3xx50vgbh

Nato has also identified other key “choke points”. One of them, Norway’s Troll platform, was visited by Jens Stoltenberg, the Nato secretary general, last month. “Since these installations are so vital they are also so vulnerable,” he said.

Troll produces about 10 per cent of Europe’s gas, making it a vital link in the energy chain for European countries who have switched from Russian supplies. “If that goes down we are ******” said a senior diplomatic source.

Alarm bells rang last year when a Russian vessel, the Yantar, set off from Murmansk in March and then promptly switched its transponder off to conceal its location.

Why do the media insist on cheerleading these ridiculous Russia 'threats'??
idea that they'd blow up their export pipeline was already perverse - no way back.
read the article - they're just auditing the leccy cables on the windfarms for fun ? the uk/european economic and domestic fuel bill woes/this-thread are all down to Ukraine,
and they just need to establish plausible deniability on any future infrastructure accidents.

the concerns about hacking the eurovision are a lot more frivolous, DDOS on twitter/facebook that would be Armageddon.

Unfortunately £120 would be considered very cheap these days.

Mine is around that but band D and 25% discounted.

These comparisons don't work for me at all sadly, as I have time of use and take advantage of off-peak rates, so back-dating that against a normal tariff is hard.

Back
Top Bottom