Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Yeah I took it out when green (my supplier) and all the others went bust.
Took out a 3 year fix (and got 200 pounds cashback + no exit fees).
There was so much turmoil I went for it even though it was a bit more expensive than the standard variable at the time.

So I'm good until September 2024

Its quite scary as our bill is about 100-120ppm at that rate. So the full variable rate would delete the cost of a holiday over the year. Saved loads at the peak of prices
Yeah I recall when we talked about it, I was moaning only been offered 1 year deals, your multi year one was great.

Am crossing my fingers Octopus will renew my existing tariff terms when they expire, some have managed to do it, that means I also keep my (relatively) cheap 21P SC as well.

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to jump on it before everyone else did - and it’s saved us a small fortune.
Well worth the wait, gas is 5p a unit today!

Yeah funny thing is my heating is off so I'm barely using it. Today my electric bill is negative thanks to Flux (7.2 kWh imported, 13.1 kWh exported).

Hope the negative energy bill days continue! :cool:

Reactions: TNA
So I've not received my March voucher for my peasant mode E.ON pre-pay meter. Just sent an email to chase it up.... 6-8 weeks wait. That's quite the ****ing scam they've got going on there. :mad:

WOuld anyone else on Octopus be able to check something out for me please?

From October to March, with the £66-67 government support grant, my DD dropped to £4.52. I assumed the DD would go back to its original £72 from April onwards, but I only just noticed today that my DD stayed at £4.52. I will have to manually increase it at some point as my have a good balance to cover me for 2-3 summer months. If this is the same for all their customers, this is a payment bombshell waiting to explode, as not everyone necessarily checks their bills and payments every month!

From October to March, with the £66-67 government support grant, my DD dropped to £4.52. I assumed the DD would go back to its original £72 from April onwards, but I only just noticed today that my DD stayed at £4.52. I will have to manually increase it at some point as my have a good balance to cover me for 2-3 summer months. If this is the same for all their customers, this is a payment bombshell waiting to explode, as not everyone necessarily checks their bills and payments every month!

Can confirm I was paying £140 before the Government Grant. Government Grant started, Octous reduced my DD to £73. Had an email in March or April stating by DD would increase back to £140.

Note:
I actually didn't want to reduce my DD when the Government Grant started and manually adjusted by DD back to £140, this meant my effective monthly payments in Octopus were £207 (£140 + £67). When the Government support ended, Octopus tried to increase my DD from £140 to £207, not taking into account I had manually adjusted the (they just tried to increase it by £67).

Therefore, to anyone that manually adjusted there DD, check this months DD!

Not same for everyone, but it did happen to me as well.

I am now on variable DD as its less hassle.

Not same for everyone, but it did happen to me as well.

I am now on variable DD as its less hassle.

A variable DD has been so much better, no silly DD payments, just pay for what we actually use. Crazy this isn’t the norm.

Coming out of the winter, interesting to compare to last winter. Usage a fair bit down.

hives not open therm though, fancy app, but fur coat and ...
so technologically last generation, without exploiting efficient modulated/analogue heat output on boiler that can ratio well
still, at the moment, haven't needed the heating on for several weeks.

that is great. but will there be anything in place to stop another rubbish winter again or do you think we will just see wild swings now from summer to winter?

no idea personally but the industry seems to think we should cope fairly well without Russia now due to mild winter we just had
Storage should be able to be full again and they thought there was a risk it wouldnt be if we had a bad winter 22/23

lowest gas price ever on Octopus tracker today, 4.43p / kwh

bodes well for the summer

With most people having the heating almost off hopefully it will be easier for those sensible countries with plenty of gas storage to fill up for next winter.

No plans yet to change my tariff. It's more the standing charge that makes a difference through the summer for me

Last edited:
My DD (same amount each month) is spot on.

I'm currently 110 in debt and paying 110 each month. Have been since summer last year. My suggested DD is 114. So actually, myself and the provider are in agreement and the amount is sensible.

Probably will hit 0 over summer.

Back
Top Bottom