Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

this petition may be of interest:

i am not sure i would support that..... Dont get me wrong it would hugely benefit me... i am fortunate enough to have a battery and solar so i can massively reduce my usage but cant get around the SC.

this means i can use very little energy from the grid for most of the year. i still have to have the infrastructure however, as i cant fully go off grid and go it alone.

I fear loading the SC onto the unit cost would benefit wealthy people who can afford home batteries and solar, but punish those less well off who cant.

I know there is an argument that the SC is unavoidable and so less well off people cant avoid it by using less energy, but over all i still think dropping SC would be unfair to less fortunate folk and be a bigger benefit to those with cash.

THAT SAID..... i would like to see proof that the SC money was fully being used to the benefit of the infrastructure and not just lining investers pockets. The grid needs a lot of investment to cope with more renewable and less reliable energy and all our SC should be going to that imo

Last edited:
petition need some standing charge equivalent of the poll tax riots

the 9 months re-join on Tracker effectively means if price got scary towards winter, you'd have to assess risk of quitting and loosing it for entire winter;
can't see that they have modifiled agile T&C's yet.

So where is the rest of it going?

Here’s the cost breakdown info

Period 10b is July - September

52924990762_6e2fcc70e4_b.jpg

So where is the rest of it going?
repeat showings in this thread V ... SoLR cost 5p/day etc etc

Do need to add amortization of home PV, batteries, expenditure ... into those 'gains'

• Network costs – Network costs have increased from £372 to £388 (increase of £16 or 4%). Whilst supplier of Last Resort (SoLR) costs have reduced by £42 from £61 to £19, this reduction has been offset by cost increases elsewhere, as non-SoLR costs have increased by £58. This has been primarily driven by two factors; An increase of £24 in the costs associated with maintaining and upgrading the gas and electricity networks, which are linked to inflation, and in the costs of balancing the electricity system of £34 because of changes in the way these charges are recovered and the scale of interventions made by the Electricity System Operator this winter.

• Policy Costs – Policy cost allowance has increased from £152 to £165 (an increase of £14 or 9%) This is largely due to inflation. Uprating for inflation is
responsible for increases in Warm Home Discount (WHD), Renewable Obligations (RO) and Assistance for Areas with High Electricity Distriubtion Costs (AAHEDC). The increase in Feed In Tariffs(FiT) is due to a combination of an increase in the Levelisation Fund, a reduction in the total electricity supplied and an uplift for inflation. Energy Company Obligation costs increased from £36 to £44 (an increase of £8 or 22%). This was due to a combination of inflation and the introduction of the ECO+ scheme. The reduction to the Green Gas Levy costs is due to an overestimation of costs for the previous period, coupled with a more conservative estimate for the current period.

No I don’t want to pay other peoples sc I just want the sc reduced back to the value it was. I don’t want to pay for irresponsible corporate debt, let the investors pay that debt not the consumer.
indeed. that *should* be the 1 upside of a privatised business. However we get the worst of both sides.
when the companies do well the profits go to investors.
when it goes badly we carry the can.

it's an utter genius weeze for those who have pulled it off but sucks royally for everyone else.

I’ve been in a week the peak has been 33p for the dinner hour. Then drops about 17p and 11p over night. Compared to the flat rate 32p on flexible it’s a no brainer. I’m charging at work now so haven’t bothered with an EV tarrif yet after coming off the legacy dirt cheap Go Faster. I’m also luck as got on the gas tracker just after Xmas. Gas was only 3.55p today.

Last edited:
Yep basically agile is a no brainer at the moment, never more than the cap and often less.

Also you can get on the gas tracker waiting list though I'm not sure how it will do layer in the year.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom