Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

I'd wager Agile is now substantially cheaper than SVT for pretty much everyone. The average unit rate for April was 23.5p, and for May, 19.7p. Today's average unit rate is just 15p!
Today - Helped by the 2 hours at zero cost.

52929490448_f57415c58e_b.jpg

I just found the link from Google and logged into my account there. A few hours later all done.

EDIT: to help

For me today for that period for context
10:00 = 14.7p
10:30 = 12.89p
11:00 = 13.65
Just signed up, almost instant activation.

Though i cant shift all peak usage, we certainly may benefit from lower rates outside of that as i wfh.

I dont have an Ev, so no benefit there. However, rates seem ok for now.

If i see a fairly decent fixed price deal pop up, ill probably grab it to be safe over winter.

Last edited:
I just found the link from Google and logged into my account there. A few hours later all done.

EDIT: to help

For me today for that period for context
10:00 = 14.7p
10:30 = 12.89p
11:00 = 13.65p

This could really help me!! I'm paying nearly £13-15 a DAY on 1970's Storage Heaters just by 8am :(

That was over Winter. And not everyone is average...

Over the past seven months, my spend on electricity would have been:
Flexible Octopus - £1,478.17
Octopus Go - £1,156.99
Agile Octopus - £1,164.13

Between November and the end of February, Go was around £100 cheaper than Agile for me. But both were hundreds of pounds cheaper than the SVT.

There's been a big shift in favour of Agile in recent months though. Here's the past month:
Flexible Octopus - £196.36
Octopus Go - £168.22
Agile Octopus - £117.56

I'd wager Agile is now substantially cheaper than SVT for pretty much everyone. The average unit rate for April was 23.5p, and for May, 19.7p. Today's average unit rate is just 15p!
So even if you don't alter your usage times it's still worth it?
We use a lot through the day.

Hourly pricing is awesome if you can properly control your big use events like washing machine, charging the car etc.
But it also sucks when you're cooking dinner with an electric oven at peak rate when it's hideously expensive.

Hourly pricing is awesome if you can properly control your big use events like washing machine, charging the car etc.
But it also sucks when you're cooking dinner with an electric oven at peak rate when it's hideously expensive.
It isnt right now.

Highest pricing tomorrow is 30p between 430pm and 5pm. Thats less then the energy cap tariff.

This could really help me!! I'm paying nearly £13-15 a DAY on 1970's Storage Heaters just by 8am :(
Replace them with air conditioning units. Your cost to operate will drop dramatically.

It’s by far the easiest and cheapest way to update your heating system to something sensible and cheap to operate over the long term.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom